• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No voicemail to email notifications OR attachements

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_friedrich

Reaction score
Hi.

We are using version 7.1.7139.0. We have gone through all the posts on testing the smtp access using telnet and whatnot. No problem reaching the smtp server. Voicemail to email notification or attachements do not work at all. My smtp server requires a login/password. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Another user complained of this problem awhile back, I hope this isn't becoming a trend.

One thing you may wish to investigate is if your ISP blocks large attachments, I have seen some providers block attachments as small as 3Mb.

Try to set it up with another POP/SMTP server, If you don't have one there are some free options in the VMware department.

Also posting any logs you may have would be a big help in troubleshooting.

Hi.

We are using DYNDNS Mailhop service because we are multi-homed. All our mail goes out through their servers with NO problems. I think there is an issue with dual-nics and 3CX. I would like the ability to FORCE 3CX to only use one nic that I specify. It's currently using both nics for stun setups and whatnot based on the logs. I don't want that. An interesting point we discovered was that if we unplug one nic, the outbound vmail / notifications will go out in bunches. There is clearly an issue with multiple nics in a system. What do you think?

Thanks again for your assistance.

I run 3CX with multiple NICs all the time, However all of the routes eventually lead to external connectivity and the internet so I can't duplicate your issue.

You could install a mail server on that local machine, and configure it to relay to your specifications. That is the only way I can think of at the moment to resolve your issue.

My 3CX is working flawless part from that I have the same problem with email (notifications).

The problem is that authentification with the mail server don't work. It has nothing to do with ports, firewalls, IP addresses, size of email message, or such.

I also fail to send any kind of email notifycation if I try to authentificate by email server. Only as "Anonymous" towards mail server works (with no login or password in 3CX Phone System). I tried "all" combinations, all authentification methods, nothing works except as "Anonymous".

My setup:

Windows Server 2008 R2 (i64)
Exchange Server 2010 RC (i64)
3CX Phone System 7.1.7139

Mail don't route externaly. I have 3CX and Exchange on same server communicating with a "local" NIC, 192.168.0.1. Exchange uses the default receive connector on port 25. All IP addresses, IP4 and IP6 is accepted. I tried Basic (with and without TLS), Integrated Windows, and Exchange Server authentification. I tried those in all combos with all permision groups (Exchange Users, Exchange Servers, etc). No luck. Only setting that matters to get email notifications going is "Permision Group" Anonymous - which of cource don't use any authentification at all, meaning in this setup that my Exchange Server accept email (for relaying) from any computer without any kind of password ... on port 25 ... luckily for me my ISP blocks port 25, so no spammer can use my Exchange Server from outside for relaying. But of cource authentification should work with 3CX so that I could have authentification on for security. Even if only basic authentifiaction.

Speaking of ... can you change the SMTP port in 3CX?

PS. Don't mind that I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2 and Excahnge Server 2010. I had the same problem with Windows Server 2008 and Exchange Server 2007.

I am running a similar setup,

Server 2008 X64, Exchange Server 2010 Beta

I do not however use exchange for 3CX email, I use postfix located on a Redhat server.

My system is setup so that the email address is the login for both incoming and outgoing mail, and this could be the problem you are having with exchange.
We do not have the IP setup for a relay, 3CX mail works good with this setup. I have noticed in the mail server logs that 3CX makes a few attempts using the most common mail server settings, but if your server isn't setup in a common way, then it probably won't work.

You may wish to look in the admin console for the additional email setting fields.

Llafner said:
Speaking of ... can you change the SMTP port in 3CX?

Settings > General > Mailserver

Mailserver field can be <IP Address of SMTP server>:port number

Hi.

The smtp address:port number still doesn't work. I tried it with DYNDNS Mailhop service which requires a login with/without ssl. Didn't matter, I tried ALL the ports and still NOTHING. I know that port 25 is blocked for me. No biggie...I can telnet to the smtp server with every port and they are all reachable. I have installed hMailServer as a workaround to pass emails and it's a pain. 3CX needs to tune up the email options with port options, ssl options, logging....

I will pass some of the suggestions off to the beta guys. This needs to be fixed!

Thanks for listening.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy_53
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.