No web based access to 3CX Phone?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by zooeyhall, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooeyhall

In version 11 of 3CX, you could access MyPhone by going to a url i.e. http://<servername>:5000/myphone.

We are moving to 3CX v.12, and I have discovered you cannot do this with 3CX phone? Am I correct? Thanks for any replies.

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

You are correct. There was a placeholder page placed where the MyPhone site was, showing the steps needed to instead use 3CX Phone v12.. in CTI mode if you want what was MyPhone before.

3. zooeyhall

Thank you for the reply. I saw the "placeholder" page previously, but all that does it tell you how to download 3CX phone. I cannot see any information for replacing the functionality of web based access that MyPhone had, per my original post.

Our organization has several remote locations, that are connected to the main office via VPN tunnels. By using the MyPhone web based functionality, I could access a remote user's MyPhone and change presence status, etc. An obviously useful thing to be able to do! But no apparently it is no longer available, and there is no equivalent replacement for doing this in v12 of 3CX?

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Nope.. they mashed MyPhone and the 3CX (SIP) Phone together into one.
    It does have the big "MyPhone-like" presence screen where you can perform similar functions.. but sadly you have to configure/majigger it per account, versus just logging off and back on as a different extension as I would..

Yep yep. It was lost somewhere.. I'm still trying to get over it. Seems it went from .Net to Silverlight to .Net.. when MyPhone could have just gone to HTML5 and worked with Safari just fine.. but I digress.

You get used to it after nine months.

5. jcasares

I still remember when they said the future was Silverlight and we got less features, now the future is .NET and we get less features again. It's almost useless as it is now. I'm perplexed by the decisions they make.

Just build an HTML5 presence app. Also, try to keep the "presence" in mind when you develop it. A lot of people don't want a soft phone but use a desktop phone and the product getting in the way, the extra clicks and the forgotten/or dumbed down features are a real impairment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.