Solved No working password for logged-in hotdesking device in Management Console

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mamo, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamo

For troubleshooting another unrelated problem (now resolved), I wanted to access the web interface of a hot desking device and noticed the password that is specified under "Phone Web Page Password" is not working. I also tried the "Authentication" password and the passwords from the extension that was currently logged-in, without success.

In the end, I resorted to downloading the provisioning file to my PC (replacing the {mac} part with the actual MAC). And indeed, I found the correct working password in there. Afterwards I compared it to the various passwords in the 3CX Management Console and found out that it is a shortened version of the passwords from the currently logged-in extension.

So the problem is now kind of "solved" and don't really need help. But I thought, I report it anyway, because having to download the provisioning file in order to recover the password is only a makeshift solution and I do not think that is how it is supposed to be and would therefore consider this to be a bug. Would expect the password to stay the same as is specified in the device configuration, regardless if an extension is logged in or not. Or at the very least there should be some hint somewhere.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @mamo and thank you for reporting,

Please note that once the phone is provisioned the password for the phones web interface is located under the Phones Tab / Phone PWD. You need to select the phone and then click on the password button from the option above to reveal the password. You can also click on the phone UI button and the management console will automatically log you in as long as the phones IP is local to the PBX.

3. mamo

Thank you for the advice. I knew about the phone UI Button (which has no function because as you already mentioned the phone has to be local for this, which it is not) but must have overlooked the password button there. Now I found it and it is working as intended. :)

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.