• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

NOKIA Clients Disconnect after 31 seconds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodneyeid

Reaction score
I have 3 Nokia Mobiles which are configured to use 3cx remotley using 3G. It works fine we can dial and recieve but after 31 seconds EXACTLY the call ends!!!! WEIIIIRD! we are creackign our brains out to see what this issue is.

Any clues???
P.S: The server log shows: ACK not recieved.

You may need to look at the SIP settings / NAT settings, STUN etc on the phones themselves. There is a nokia app (I assume these are Symbian phones) that allows you to get access to the settings - links to it are here: http://www.fonosip.com/english/nokiae61.html

I was going to say it's an unsupported / beta app, but the links look like it has graduated to V1.0 (at least).

the problem is that now my nokia phonei s ok, but my softphones are doing the problem!!! do you think its a version limitation?

No, it sounds like a problem with firewall / router devices at the server end. 30 seconds sounds like a NAT timeout. You may need to port-forward the external ports (9000-90xx depending on your setup) in your router.

i have my 3cx server on a virtualy dedicated server with a hosting company. do you think that might be a problem?

rodneyeid said:
i have my 3cx server on a virtualy dedicated server with a hosting company. do you think that might be a problem?

Possibly / Probably - because they'll probably have firewall and routing issues that you'd need them to sort out.

Our 3CX is running on a virtual server, and we had to ensure that the host that it was running on forwarded traffic to the VM, and that the VM had those ports open, as well as the router / firewall they're sitting behind also forwarded data.

Talk to your hosting provider about forwarding the 9000 series of ports defined in the 3CX setup page for external calls as well as the 7000 series of ports defined for internal calls.

I had exactly this problem at 31 seconds i found i had to use the UDP protocol instead of the TCP protocol.

After changing i have had no problems!

Also after fixing this problem Linksys phones me back - VERY surprised! But they had the same solution to offer me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.