Nokia N80

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bogtramp, Apr 22, 2007.

1. bogtramp

I'm trying to connect my Nokia N80 to the 3cx PBX but my phone is asking for realm, I don't know what to put for realm. Any help would br appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

3Cx does not ask for a realm, it just ask for valid authentication ID and password....

3. bogtramp

Hi Nick.

Thanks for your quick responce.

Unfortunately the N80 does insist on a realm, however, if I use our internal IP addresses and the realm 3CXPhoneSystem, it works. If I try and use an external IP address it doesn't work.

It's a shame really because I have a contract wich gives me as much data as I can eat, and my phone could be permanently connected (as long as there is a 3g signal) so that I can be contacted rather than a mobile call.

The asterisk system I use you can set the realm to whatever you like, the default being asterisk. My phone works whether or not it's got an internal or external IP address.

If I can't get it to work I could always set up a trunk from 3Cx to the asterisk system to ring the asterisk extension, it would just be nice to connect it to 3Cx like evrybody else. It works just fine with the Snom 300 and Zyxel P2000 and of course X-lite etc.

It's obviously Nokia to blame.....lol

Apart from that, brilliant software.

Thanks.

4. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

Hi
    I use Nokia E65 and it works with public and private IP addr of my 3CX. Do you have this problem over WiFi, 3G, or both?

Thank you.

5. Nano

Hi,

The Realm is:
    3CXPhoneSystem

6. mtv

mtv

E65 sip with 3CX

I followed the exact procedure given by Nano somewhere in this forum for my e65 sip configuration and it worked, but only outgoing calls. I am not able to receive calls from other extensions onto ny e65.

also, I cannot make calls over cellular connection now as all the calls gets appended by @3cx server address. I have to manually change the call settings to cellular and then only my cellular calls go through. That time, of course calls over sip/wifi will not go through.

Will appreciate any help.

Thanks/mtv