Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Nokia N95

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by malcm, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcm

Has any body out there actually got this phone to register on 3CX.

My N95 will register with nearly every other provider but will in no way register on 3CX.

I am certain my settings are correct but if anyones got it connected I'd appreciate a copy of your settings.

Thanks

2. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

Yes (ok, not an N95, but an N82), using the info here: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/nokia-e65.html.

The most important point is: In the “Realm” field enter “3CXPhoneSystem.

Also important is changing the transport to UDP.

I didn't bother setting up the proxy settings, just the registrar settings, but others have required both to be set up.

I also have a configuration on my 3CX server where the user name is not the same as the extension number, so in the instructions where it says under proxy / registrar to enter extension number for the user name, I entered user name. This won't be a problem for most people who have a user name the same as the extension.

Finally, in order to get two way audio working, I also needed to set up the stun settings in the phone, using the Nokia supplied SIP VoIP Settings application: http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw....e606b80709/SIP_VoIP_Settings_v1_0_en.zip.html. You probably won't need this is your 3CX server and your N95 are on the same private subnet - however, in my case, my N82 is behind a NAT firewall on one private IP, and my 3CX server is behind a separate NAT firewall on a separate IP, so my calls needed to traverse two NAT firewalls - without the Nokia SIP VoIP Settings (specifically setting up a STUN server on the N82), the N82 was sending a private IP in the SIP messages to 3CX, so obviously 3CX was unable to route audio over an RTP stream to a private IP.

Now that it is working, it works really well - my desk phone (SPA941) and my mobile ring simultaneously when someone calls my extension or direct indial line, and I can take the call on whichever is more convenient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.