Non-Extension TDM Calls Not Accepted

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by BA7389, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BA7389

I am new to the product, and to IP telephony in general, so will probably have a few questions early on.

Have integrated 3CX, through a Dialogic Media Gateway (not obviously supported), to a legacy Nortel Option 11C PBX via QSIG. Have no provisioned phones, so using only the 3CX soft client. All features within the 3CX appear to work well - extension to extension calling, TDM path through Nortel PBX to PSTN, simple IVR, voicemail, etc. Incoming TDM/IP calls to 3CX extensions from the Nortel also work correctly. Problem is that calls to non-extensions, like the voicemail or IVR lead numbers, show either "VoIP Authorization Required" or "VoIP Call Not Accepted" in the error logs at the gateway and in the 3CX Server Activity log.

Is this a gateway configuration error, or can you point me elsewhere?

Thanks,

Bruce

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How are you routing incoming trunk calls to VM, IVR? Perhaps posting a 3CX log of some of the failed calls will help.

3. BA7389

Just realized that I can't make remote TDM calls, so will have to do that when back in office to generate logs.

Extension numbers are 5XXX numbers, and those ring through from TDM phones on Nortel PBX without issue. Voicemail pilot number is 5999, and IVR main number is 5020, and those are rejected at the gateway. Extension numbers, voicemail, and IVR take the same path - Nortel PBX QSIG PRI channels to TDM side of gateway with IP side of gateway toward 3CX.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the blocking is intentional, for non extension numbers. Do you have the PIN requirement turned on for VM access?

5. BA7389

Am not sure that I know enough yet to understand your question, but....TDM call (from a deskphone on the Nortel PBX to 3CX voicemail pilot number) is being blocked. Are you referring to a setting for requiring authentication to complete the TDM call into the 3CX for non-extension numbers? If there is that, I don't think I've set anything differently for any 5XXX number, and the extensions work. Thanks

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Would you please post a 3CX log (Verbose mode shows the most information) of a working call to an extension, and a failing call to the voicemail number. Are these calls being presented to 3CX as DID calls?

7. BA7389

Log attached below.

Problem appears to be an authentication/authorization issue, but not familiar enough with interaction of these systems to understand where it is.

Appreciate you help.

Thanks,

Bruce

Attached Files:

8. BA7389

And in case it's not obvious -

A QSIG PRI with 23 tie channels provided the connectivity between the TDM PBX and 3CX. If I assign a DID station in the public dial plan to a 3CX phone, it will utilize this same PRI path after arriving on a PSTN PRI.

9. BA7389

Given that TDM calls to 3CX extensions, IVR, and Digital Assistant are being presented identically to the 3CX by the TDM PBX through the gateway, is there a possibility that these capabilities are disabled in the free version of the software? Have sent same question to 3CX...just want to put anymore time into figuring out something that isn't workable.

Thanks,

Bruce

10. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi Bruce,

One hint:
    In your environment, 3CX PhoneSystem treats all calls from TDM card as "direct SIP". Such type of calls has limited permisions (it is a call from the "guest" SIP device)
    If you need to implement full integration in such kind of environment then you need to configure "SIP trunk" on 3CX PhoneSystem side. It is not so easy but it will work as you expect.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. BA7389

I've been thinking along those lines, but don't understand why 3CX will accept a 5XXX call to a registered 3CX SIP extension, but not to a registered 5XXX auto-attendant or voicemail pilot number. Will take a look at a SIP trunk setup.

Thanks Stepan.

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

While you may want just anyone out there on the 'net, to be able to send a direct SIP call to an extension (and whereever that may eventually route to), there may very well be security issues allowing those types of calls to non-extensions.

You might also want to think about trying the Bridging trunks option. I know that it allows calls to ringgroups and the voicemail at a second 3CX site.

13. BA7389

The logic is what it is, I guess, but would have thought that it would be more like an out-of-the-box firewall - deny all (both extensions and non-extensions) or allow all and require rules for exception.

I'm thinking that the Inbound Parameters tab for the gateway (PSTN Devices) connecting the TDM and 3CX PBXs is the key. Have tried matching on various fields, but no luck yet. Will look at bridging also.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.