Non forwarding of Internal calls on DND

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JMHenson, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMHenson

Is there a way to create an exception that will ring the phone instead of forwarding the call elsewhere when in DND for Internal extensions?

I know how to make Exceptions to send it to a queue or external/mobile phone but I have several users who want to be able to change the status from Available to something else and have external calls go to voice mail and internal calls still ring the extension.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

DND, for most situations, is treated as the extension is busy. It sends a 486 response code.

You will need to check the status that is set (available, away, etc.) and then set the call handling for each according to the desire for both external and internal calls.

3. JMHenson

The main question is can one of the non-Available statuses be set so Internal calls ring through but External calls go to VM instead of the Internal call being forced to be forwarded elsewhere?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The short answer is - not in the context you have put it.

If the extension is in a not-available status.......then you have told the system don't bother to ring as I am "not available" follow the rules instead.

However, there is available and available 2 and you can declare how internal and external calls can be handled as you are telling the system that it can ring the extension.

But, when placing the phone into DND, the phone is considered busy regardless of how the call originated, so I do not believe there is a way to say for external calls I am busy, but for internal calls let the call come thru.

I have not tried the strategy by indicating that I want the phone to be able to handle more than one call simultaneously, but this also carries the consequence of handling multiple calls when not busy (DND) as well.

Others may be able provide more/better ways. The only way I can think of is to install a second extension on a multi-line phone, do not publish that extension and then do the call forward busy for internal (available) to the other extension you just installed.

5. CBUTLER

I'm assuming there still isn't a way to accomplish what the OP wants? We are looking for the same.

Need to be able to change our status on 3CX so that external calls are immediately forwarded to voicemail and internal calls ring as normal.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@CBUTLER

The same still applies, you can do this if all external calls coming to the PBX needs to be forwarded (via Sip trunk office hours) but not per extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.