Non-stop ringing

Discussion in 'Android' started by CBUTLER, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBUTLER

My android users are reporting that when a queue call comes in and their 3CX android client rings, it continues to ring and ring forever, even after another extension answers the queue call. Has anybody else experienced this?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does this happen when using the phone over 3/4G, local LAN Wifi and remote Wifi? or only over one ? What version(s) are you using? All the same model Android phones? Has this always done this, or did it start recently, if it started recently, were there any changes made, anywhere?

3. 7g

7g

Same issue as OP described. Additionally, the phone numbers that appear on my display (ringing nonstop after someone else in the same ring group answers the incoming call) are not the actual number that calls into the ring group. (Example: 330-333-3333 calls into ring group and is answered by a colleague. My phone may show a completely different number 440-444-4444. The number displayed each time is different and so far these "random" numbers do not appear to originate from any of my Android phone's contacts.

Furthermore, these random numbers do not appear in any of my 3CX call logs or system logs that I can see.

Finally, I don't know if this is related, but sometimes my Android softphone will ring, but my deskphone and Windows softphone won't be ringing. My Android softphone simply starts ringing with a number that does not appear in any presence window or switchboard view. I do not know if this is related, but I am listing it here anyway in case it is useful. The number is not listed in my call logs or system logs that I can see.

To answer @leejor's questions from my own testing so far:
    1. Issue occurs on Wifi. Unknown if it occurs on 4G.
    2. Issue occurs on HTC M8 and M9 phones, both running Android 6.0. Issue was present when the M9 was running Android 5.1 too.
    3. Issue does not occur on a Google Pixel XL phone running Android 7.1.
    4. My 3CX PBX is running v15sp5. Android softphone v.15.0.23 (most recent available in Google Play Store)
    5. 2 out of 2 Apple iphones do not experience this issue at all in my office.
    6. Issue is only reproducible when a call comes into the ring group of which I am a member. Calls directly to me via my extension or my DID work fine though the volume of calls I receive directly is extremely low compared to the calls I answer that come in through the ring group.
    7. Time frame and changes: This started occurring the very moment I started using the softphone on my Android to answer incoming ring group calls. Prior to that point in time I did not run the 3CX client on my cell phone. To my recollection the point in time was somewhere between v14sp5 and v15sp3. We upgraded directly to 15sp3 so I cannot comment about the versions in between this range.

I have written this off as a 3CX (or Android) bug when running a version of Anrdoid that is older than 7.1. But maybe we can reveal more information here, together. The sample size for which I am basing my analysis is only 3 Android phones so some other affected people reporting in would be useful.

Edit: added phone model to #3.

#3 7g, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.