Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

NOOB: Inbound calls not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by IngenusVictor, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IngenusVictor

Hi,

Noob here. so I am able to be outbound calls after I created a rule for it. I tried creating a Inbound rule but when I think I did it still doesn't work. below is my setup.

Phone service is Comcast business ,3CX software running on a server. I have Patton 4114 configured correctly on FXO. I say correctly because it was configured by Patton support member and also I can make outbound calls. The phones line and service is working. can someone point me in the right direction please and thank you in advance.

2. Pete Gazda

In your inbound rules, do you have an * before the number?

3. IngenusVictor

here what I have in the DID/DDI I have # 0000000000. I do not have the *

upload_2017-12-26_16-26-41.png

4. Pete Gazda

Please add the asterisk before the DID, no spaces. Please let me know if that works.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @IngenusVictor

When you say inbound rules do not work you mean routing doesn't work or inbound calls are not working in general? Do calls hit the PBX? Is there an error in the activity log?
    Even if there is an issue with your inbound rule calls should still be routed to the main trunk destinations set under your FXO config.

6. IngenusVictor

@Pete Gazda :so I tried the * before the number and still not working.

@YiannisH_3CX : I do not know weather it is hitting the FXO or the PBX but I know I can make outbound calls and my cell is showing the number, so I am guessing the FXO is configured correctly. I keep checking the activity log and but nothing is showing up. only things from yesterday and non of the testing from today. is it possible to remote in to check the 3CX?

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The Patton 4114 supports PSTN lines, so DID routing is not really applicable, since no DID number is sent, only caller ID. If the gateway is set up so that all trunks are in one group, then you would route any and all incoming calls to one destination. That could be a Digital receptionist, a ring group or a queue. It could even be to one extension (receptionist?). If the gateway were set up so that each PSTN line were its own trunk, which would assume that you did not subscribe to any "hunting" feature on the lines from your provider, then each line could be directed to an extension in the same manner as DID numbers.

Check the 3CX Activity log after an incoming call attempt to see ... if there is a call, and where it ends up routing. Just because you can call out, doesn't mean that "everything' is set up correctly.

accentlogic likes this.
  8. IngenusVictor

I check the activity log and I also refresh a few times while and after I made the phone call and nothing was showing up as recent. is there somewhere else I should into at this point

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If nothing shows in the log, then the gateway is not passing the call onto 3CX. This may be for a couple of reasons...

The line you are ringing in on is not connected to the gateway.
    The gateway is not provisioned correctly for incoming calls.

Use an analogue set, unplug the phone cord from the back of the gateway and plug into the set. Is there dialtone? Can you call the line from another phone? Repeat with each line.

accentlogic likes this.
  10. IngenusVictor

when you say the gateway you're talking about the gateway from Comcast cause the set up is like this: Main cable> Comcast Gateway> Phone Cord> Patton gateway>our network. So I am going to plug the analogue phone into the Comcast gateway and see if the phone number I am calling is even going through. I will try my best to get an analogue phone (house phone) to test it out.

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would unplug from the Patton, then plug that cord into the phone to test.

12. News4la

News4la Guest

Have you tried just " * " nothing else? Or you could try" *0-9,+" or " * with the last six digits of your phone number" " *XXXXXX " Those are all that I know. Don't forget to tell the number where to go. Extension,Voicemail, IVR, Or any other destination.

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

@News41a
    PSTN trunks are being used, so there is no DID (information) routing. They are either dialling the pilot number of the hunt group, or, if each trunk is set-up individually in 3CX and the gateway, one of the four PSTN numbers assigned. In either case, routing is based on the trunk, not a number dialled.

In this case, no incoming call is even showing in the logs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.