Nortel 1535 IP Phone.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by atomicwaste12, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atomicwaste12

Hi all

"The IP Phone 1535 videophone uses RFC 3261 compliant Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to establish both voice and video calls. Connected to your local area network (LAN) through an Ethernet connection or by 802.11b/g wireless (WiFi) connection, the IP Phone 1535 provides extensive telephony services, multimedia tools, full video conversation functionality, an array of ring melodies, and a personalized display. You can also use the IP Phone 1535 to check e-mail, voice mail, or browse the Web. The IP Phone 1535 is designed for enterprises seeking a cost-effective personal video endpoint and is also ideal for tele working groups and multi-site companies who are seeking increased collaboration between sites. The IP Phone 1535 is supported on Nortel Multimedia Communication Server 5100 and Communication Server 2000."

I put this in here to get your opinion on the above phone, is it any good? and can I use it with 3CX? Any info would be gratefully received. Thank you.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Gee...it looks like more of an Ad, to me. I would have thought that a simple ..."is anyone familiar with (inset make and model here), and using it with 3CX", would be sufficient.

3. cptlo306

I tried using one with 3cx but wasn't successful although I didn't spend much time on it. I was able to receive calls but not make calls (some error in server log about phone wanting too much bandwidth - don't recall exact error). I'll probably try it again at some point but it may be a while.

-Thomas

4. atomicwaste12

Thank you for your reply.

Leejor, point taken, but I erred on the side of giving more information rather than less and I just copied the opening para on to here.

So it can connect to the 3CX and at least receive phone calls if not make them. To be honest I don't need the video function, just for calls and because these are available for £44.00 which is why I am interested, otherwise I will have to look at alternatives.

Talking about alternatives; which Grandstream can I or should use (office is in the UK, have broadband, and a very small office (5 users max and have a few BT V8) I am looking at 4108 with eight FXO is that OK or should I be using something else.

Many thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.