• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Nortel BCM 400 and 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsc75

Reaction score
Hi,

I may be asking a queston thats already been answered, but here goes anyway!

Ok I am pretty new to this, but I am going to be implementing a 3CX system in our new London office. Its a small deployment, 6 users to start off. I am looking to start off running purely VoIP (VoIPon as the provider). Initial tests are looking fantastic, call quality is fantastic and everything seems great. I will admit I am sceptical if everything will work fine with just a VoIP provider, but I have time to fully test this. If all else fails I will go the ISDN route but keep with 3CX it looks fantastic.

Anyway, our main office has a BCM 400 which is great but incredibly complicated... is there anyway to successfully setup a trunk to join the BCM and the 3CX? At the moment I have no VoIP keycodes on the BCM so cannot test, and I dont want to purchase a keycode unless I know this is possible. The idea is that it would be great if the London office could call extensions in our main office and vice versa. Our sites are connected by a secure VPN.

Any ideas, suggestions would be most appreciated!

Cheers

Adam

You should be able connect together any two PBX's, to allow calls back and forth. Whether certain features or caller ID work the way you want them to is another matter. You could have a trunk from the Nortel come into the 3Cx as a line and a trunk leaving the 3Cx come into the Nortel as a line. The Nortel being VoIP, and I assume the trunks use SIP signaling outgoing, would register as an incoming extension on the 3CX PBX, the 3Cx line acting as a SIP server. If the lines in the Nortel are SIP and NOT Nortel proprietary signaling (can you use any standard SIP phone as an extension?), then you would have a 3CX trunk register on an outgoing line from the Nortel. On some systems it can be relatively easy, especially those co-located, on others, there can be many hurdles to overcome to get the two to register with each other. You are going to have to seriously look at this before jumping in. The 3x PBX is meant to be bridged with another 3CX or it could support extensions in a foreign office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leo13215464
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.