Nortel Norstar and 3CX Integration with DID/DDI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ITWorks, May 20, 2007.

1. ITWorks

ITWorks New Member

I have a 100 extension Norstar MICS and have been integrating 3CX with this system. I added a 4 line trunk card to the Norstar and connected these lines to the FXS ports on a Grandsteam GXW4004 VOIP Gateway. I configure the Grandstream as a PSTN Gateway and the 4 lines are then configured in 3CX individually and registered. So far I have achieved 4 digit dialing and transfering calls between the two PBX systems and can call out from the 3CX extensions through the Norstar trunk lines. I am hoping to maintain the same DID/DDI for the 3CX extensions as the Norstar extensions and feel I am very close. I can successfully do this with the first lline registered from the Grandstrean but when I dial in from the PSTN to one of the other three extensions it fails.

When I set "Line-ID Matching: = Internal Number" in the Gateway configuration settings I log the following:

15:10:59.205 AuthMgr::eek:nAuthFailure Registration request from sip:10002@10.10.30.3 failed. Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings
    15:10:59.205 AuthMgr::requestCredential Message SipReq: INVITE 4486@10.10.30.3 tid=1386389002 cseq=INVITE contact=10002@10.10.30.10:6060 / 21 from(wire) failed authentication!
    15:10:59.195 AuthMgr::requestCredential Authentication ID for Ln:10003@Grandstream doesn't match provided: 4485 vs 4486
    15:10:59.195 Endpoint::findSource Ambiguous configuration.4 source lines correspond to incoming call.INVITE Parameters: Contact IP: '10.10.30.10'; From: '10002'; To: '4486'; Rline: '4486'; Contact: '10002'. Line:CfgExtLine:10003 used as fallback! (this repeats four times, once for each line)

When I set "Line-ID Matching: = Authentication" in the Gateway configuration settings I log the following:

15:16:04.614 AuthMgr::eek:nAuthFailure Registration request from sip:10002@10.10.30.3 failed. Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings
    15:16:04.614 AuthMgr::requestCredential Message SipReq: INVITE 4486@10.10.30.3 tid=227934526 cseq=INVITE contact=10002@10.10.30.10:6060 / 31 from(wire) failed authentication!
    15:16:04.614 AuthMgr::requestCredential Authentication ID for Ln:10003@Grandstream doesn't match provided: 4485 vs 4486

It appears to me that the Grandstream always sends the first Auth ID for all four lines. I have tried setting the Authentication ID's and passwords the same on each line. Is this a limitation of the Grandstream GWX400x series or is there perhaps a way I can configure 3CX to make this work?

2. mgmache

How has this been working for you? I have been asked about doing this at my corporate office, connecting to remote locations in other countries (Mexico/Jamaica for right now).

My plan was to have Corp office 3cx (I have free version at corp office, and enterprise at another location), provide the remote locations with either sip phones or soft phones, and give them extensions to my corp office system. Then have a gateway link into the pbx (will be a nortel bcm400), so that when someone calls specific extension it rings through the gateway to the nortel and to the proper extension, or to receptionist).

For outbound, the lines I would connect to the pbx would be extension to the gateway, so that would connect it to the 3cx, where another digital receptionist would allow us to dial an extension to reach the 3cx, then another extension to go out to the sip/softphones.

let me know what you think!!!

3. Chris Martin

Hi,

Why would you want to do this? Just set up a 3CX IP PBX in the head office, 3CX IP PBX in the branch office, set up bridges between the branch offices over the Internet with the head office PBX and register phones with the closest PBXes, whether remote or in office, does not matter. Also, 3CX supports forked SIP ID so you could have a phone in the office as well as a phone at home working with the same extension. Cannot understand the complexity of this.

So terminate however many lines you wish to terminate on a supported ISDN gateway device, see http://www.3cx.com/support/index.html where we list devices up to 4 port T1/E1, set up a central 3CX IP PBX for Windows for your main office, then setup bridges with branch office PBXes, or even remote extensions over Internet links, assuming the Internet is good enough.

3CX v7 can support any number of bridges, in meshed configuration.

You will need a suitably sized license per location, depending on the envisaged number of concurrent calls being switched by the location's IP PBX, however no extra costs for bridges, that's included in anything from Small Business up to Enterprise Editions.

Any detailed help, just PM or email me.

Rgds,

4. mgmache

I need to do something like this because hardware was already purchased (nortel bcm400) before I came onboard. 3cx enterprise will be at a remote location, 3cx free at corporate location to port to nortel, and the other remote location should only need one phone each (these are partner locations, but not owned by my company.