Nortell IP Phone 1110 on 3CX Phone System v10.0.24018.2322 ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lucim100, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucim100

Hi , I need urgent help .... I have bought 4x Nortel IP Phone 1110 . I have problem to set it up on my 3cx PBX software. can anyone help me configure the phone? Thank you in advance :)

2. gschwab

gschwab New Member

Re: Nortell IP Phone 1110 on 3CX Phone System v10.0.24018.23

Nortel phones are not in the 3CX list of supported hardware and I don't know if yours is a new or legacy model phone. I do know they USED to use a proprietary Unified Networks IP Stimulus (UNISTIM) protocol but I don't know if that is still the case since Aastra got the rights to make phones under the Nortel name, maybe somebody here will have and answer for you. If it were my system I would stick to using only 3CX supported phones, it will make your life a lot easier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

You purchased Nortel Phones, which is the problem. I would go and return those handsets compatable handsets (Preferrably 3cx supported handsets) that will solve your process qudmite easily.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I had a Nortel 1140E working for basic functions after converting to SIP. It requires a config file as it does not to re-register after the initial 30 minutes without it. I haven't had the time, nor really, the interest in pursuing at the moment.

This fellows site has a lot of useful information.
    http://blog.michaelfmcnamara.com/2011/01/avaya-ip-1100-series-ip-phone-upgrade-to-sip/

And another i came across...

http://forums.networkinfrastructure.info/nortel-ip-telephony/

5. lucim100

Thank you for your replies , in conclusion my phones cannot support SIP at any way. And i have waste my money . Its the way of life, if you are not educated on the product your buying you will lose money. I am very much new in VOIP and thought a IP phone is an IP phone :lol: silly of me... I have learned to do my homework now.... Looks like it will be softphones for me at this stage :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.