Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Norton firewall cofiguration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mpfteam, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpfteam

hello everyone. first, thank you for such a wonderful tool. although i can't still make it to run. i have read the manual but i couldn't find any thing about how to configure Norton internet firewall.

i am using Vonage VoIP and in the general settings there is a RUN TEST and this is what i get:
    Result: Firewall check failed! Show details >>>
    now first, i don't have a a router like a linksys but only the DSL box attached to a small switch because i have 2 computers using my DSL. i only have the Norton Internet security firewall and i cannot seem to find any place to open ports, i can place an IP for my local network but i cannot place the ports to be opened.
    another question is, do i have to install the 3x program in computer #1 and use the 3x client on computer #2, or can i have everything on one computer? maybe that's the error. i read the manual about that error # and i just can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

now when i log in to the 3x client, there is a little screen where it says "authentication" is that where i should put info about my VoIP phone?

i hope you guys canunderstand what i try to say.
    thank you guys.

2. Philco

Philco Member

Hi mpfteam, on my Norton allowed applications, I simply allowed 3cx to be unblocked both ways.

Phil

3. mpfteam

yeah, that's what i did. as you can see here:

i don't understand. however i see it has to do with the SUNT server, if you see these errors lines. i have even disabled the firewall and still the Test doesnt go through.
    any other suggestion?

4. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

The strange this is the failed onces have the same ports as the succeeded onces. What functionality isn't working correctly?

5. mpfteam

well, first: under Status lines, it keeps saying NOt registered. i keep on clicking the "register line" under "Manage Lines"
    and the second strange thing which is this, in the Client side, i hear the dial tone but keeps on, it doesn't stop when i type in numbers to dial.

i'm going crazy. bottom line is, i can't place or receive calls. it says in the manual i won't be able to do this if the test fails, but i have disabled the firewall and still keeps the error.:

well, i don't know what to do. finally i got it to at least to where i can hear the dial tone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.