Solved Not able to add my Cisco Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CristianD, Aug 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CristianD

Hy Guys, first of all i`m new on using pbx servers :) and my english is not so well so sry for any incov i will make :)

I got a problem adding my phone to 3cx server, i instaled a new 3cx server, i had added my trunk it has the green bull and is online and login to my voip provider.

I tryed to add now my phone witch is an Cisco 7945.

I go to Phones > Selected me, selected Cisco 7941, Inserted the mac adress, clicked OK, go back and i got this:

Provisioning Method (Local Office)
    Provisioning Link: http://xxxxxxx:5000/provisioning/xxxxxxxxxx/SEP00E16D1595EA.cnf.xml
    Mac Address .....

When i acces the url i get 403 Forbidden nginx :|

And i whant to explian, my server is an VPS in another city, my office and phone is in another one so the server is not in the same office with the phone. I try to add my phone from the office and not where the datacenter is.

xxxxxxx = ip adress provided from my vps hosting provider

Is sompting i do it wrong ? :( i look on google for 3 days now and still dont figure out if is sompting wrong from me.

Help please, is pain now after 3 deys searching 24/7 for an fix

Thank you.

2. neville

neville New Member

This phone has no support outside the local lan according to

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/cisco-7940g-7960g/

Known limitations of Cisco 7940, 7941, 7960, 7961 are:

• No PnP Support
    • No STUN Support
    • No SBC Support
    • No Full CTI Support (Make Call Only with no Auto Answer)
    • No BLF Functionality
    • No Company Phone Book
    • No Blind Transfer (7961 7941)
    • No local conference (7961 7941 dial codes need to be used)
    • No Attended Transfer (7960 7940)
    • No Distinctive Ringing for external, queues or ivrs
    • Time Zone Support (NTP Server set to public IP)
    • Manual DST Support
    • No LCD Language Support
    • Can not be used for Assign and Clear Operation
    I am not sure if you could manually set it up or not.

Chuck

3. CristianD

Hello, i fixed :D and my phone Cisco 7945 is connected and works perfect :D

4. CristianD

To be onest i dont know what ar those options do :)
    Do you got any recomandation for some phones ? I got only 1 cisco 7945 but i have to buy another 3 phones, so now is the time to know what to buy before wasting money :)

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

6. neville

neville New Member

All the recommended phones work fine. With the latest's changes in V15.5 update 1, I don't see much reason for having a phone with lots of programmable keys. So, the Yealink T23G in a low cost phone that works great along with the web client. We have hundreds of them in use and they work very well.

7. CristianD

I dont understand one more think.

I got 1 VoIP 1 Phone NO and 2 phones, me 1 and my whife 1, when i whanted to set when someone calls to ring boath phones and some of us to pickup the phone i sow i have to buy license witch is from 300 euros to lots :| i dont understand for only this to pay 300 euros or i dont even know witch plan do i need.

Oka i inderstand if you'r a big company, making money and you afort it but for an local new small bussines witch it has only 2 employers and to use just this function its a lot, or its me i dont understand the software and the terms.

All what i whant is:
    1. When someone ring, boath phone to ring, the first who answear take the call, if someone ring in the same time the not busy phone to ring
    2. Some think like from closing h 18:00 till 8 morning when someone calls to add an audio file (Ower opening h ar from x to x)
    3. To be able to call any no from phone

To pay 300 euros or who know witch plan do we need its a lot of money, or is me who dosent understand the software, or i`m dump :|
    With 300 euros you can buy fizic call center equip witch support 5 phones and got all the stuf on it or one with 500 1000 euro and you can add 500 phones, but like i say we ar only 2 ppl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.