• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Not Able to Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Reaction score
Hi,
I just downloaded the free version to try (sounds like a GREAT product!), but after 3 attempts to install, I keep getting the same error message:
"There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program required for the install to complete, could not be run..." I then hit 'ok' and the install rolls back.
Sorry all, I'm both an amateur and a newbie. I've opened all of the necessary ports and was planning to use the IP instead of an FQDN, so didn't install a valid domain. I'm running a fully up to day Vista Ultimate 32 bit SP1 ...any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

Oh Boy! You are looking for a challenge in uncharted territory, aren't you?! Although 3CX advertizes that this softeware is Vista compatible, I would recommend that you first get acquainted with it under XP, unless you are an "amateur and newbie" with 3CX but very seasoned Windows user (in the technical sense) with Vista! The installation problem that you are describing, the port openings, IP vs FQDN, valid domain are all different and unrelated issues/matters/concepts. The way you are mentioning them you give the impression that you know some buzz words but you have little understanding about what these different concepts do. I hope it's only a communication shortcoming.
If you can put your hands on an older box with XP that you can trash (software wise) at will, use it for your 3CX experimentation. If your Vista machine is a critical tool for work (or whatever) don't use it as a play ground for 3Cx or any real-time application like this.
As for the problem that you are describing; have you tried to redownload the software? or did you reinstall the same downloaded file over and over? If the file was damaged for a reason or another, it won't make any difference even if you reinstall it 10 times. Try to download it once more, and attempt to reinstall. If you have the same error message you need some serious Vista assistance - not 3CX. Vista has a much more elaborate execution control system that you can turn off during installations, etc. You most likely don't have the user privileges to install certain things, etc. It will be challanging for you to find Vista support on the 3CX forums.
I would definitely start with XP rather than Vista.
Good luck.
Halea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.