Not automatically going to next trunk when one is full

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by HeMan, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeMan

I don't know for sure 3CX can do this but it seems an obvious thing and I have seen mentions to it in the forum (although no instructions). I have 3CX 10 connected to a landline and 2 VOIP providers. In short; I want it to try one trunk and if busy automatically try the next.

Up until now I have used the landline for incoming calls and route all outgoing via the VOIP provider but for call quality and cost reasons I would like to put outgoing calls to certain numbers or from certain extensions out via the landline. But crucially if the landline is already in use (it can only handle one call at a time) I need it to automatically switch to go out via the VOIP provider.

I can set up all the outgoing rules, which work, except if the landline is in use, the next call that goes out gets a:
    Device 0123456789 dialed on (AnyLine@LandLine) had no available outgoing trunk(s) for Call(from "11"<sip:11@3CXServer:5060>;tag=0e2e4e3d to 0123456789)
    and it fails. Is there something I need to turn on that tells it is the first trunk it tries has reached is Max Simultaneous Calls limit to try the next outbound rule?

Thanks
    Alan

2. willow

willow Member

what type of pstn gateway are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the outbound rules, you have "space" for 3 trunk group choices in each rule. If the first is in use then a call should "move' onto the next group in the list. Be sure that you have the first choice set to allow only one call at a time if there is only one trunk in the group.

4. HeMan

willow, I am using a Linksys SPA-3102

leejor, I must be blind, I knew it was staring me in the face but for some reason I didn't see it!

Thanks

5. willow

willow Member

easy enough! I just wanted to make sure it was a supported gateway which it is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. rcinfo

Hi all,
    I have a similar problem with a portech MV-370 gateway for mobile outgoing calls. The gw has 1 SIM only so when it is busy the calls should switch on the next trunk, but it doesn't do that. The second and third lines are voip provider that I know for sure it is working. I set the Portech to manage only 1 outbound call at a time, no inbound calls. The msg I get is:
    Device 10004@(Ln.10004@Portech MV-370) had no available outgoing trunk(s) for Call(1348)
    can sameone help?
    thank you
    Roberto

7. rcinfo

Sorry, it seems like a warning message only, the call is actually forwarded to the next available trunk
    Roberto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.