Not picking up Tmobile Callers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by defensegrp, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. defensegrp

When any caller using a Tmobile cell phone calls in to our system it just keeps ringing and ringing, never picking up. Any other user the attendant picks up, just not Tmobile cell phones. We are using the Patton Smartnode 4114 devices and have updated to the latest firmware and phone system version. Any help would be great.

Zack @ DSG

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Either A. the call is never reaching you or:
    B. Based on the caller ID, the system is handling the call differently.

3. defensegrp

Thanks for the information, but what can I do to fix this? What setting would be affected by the caller ID to not allow calls coming in?

More information would help.

Zack @ DSG

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Can you receive the calls over a standard phone plugged into the phone jacks (POTS lines) going into the Patton? In other words, is the call even ringing in at all. If that isn't happening then the person is either dialling the wrong number or T-Mobile isn't routing the call properly. Did you just port this number over to a different provider? Do you have a hunt group with one pilot number or a number assigned to each line? Try a call to the other numbers or even other peoples numbers with the same digits but the last two. Does anything answer if you let it ring long enough?

5. defensegrp

Yes, I can receive calls when not using the Patton/3CX VOIP system. Before this system was had a Samsung DCS system and all callers could reach us. I believe it has something to do with the Patton or 3CX configuration but I honestly do not where to start. We have 2 hunt group numbers with 7 lines attached to it and I have dialed each individually and still nothing ever picks up. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Zack @ DSG

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX logs to see if the T-Mobile calls are being presented to it from the Patton. If they are not, then it's something in the Patton. If they are, then compare a T-Mobile call that doesn't work to one from another number that does. Post the logs if you can't figure out why one works and the other doesn't and we can look them over.

The only difference between a call from one source and another is the caller ID. Not being a Patton user I don't know if there is something in there that is able to screen callers based on that. Perhaps, if 3Cx is getting the calls, they are being screened out by the PBX.

7. defensegrp

Well the Tmobile calls are never making it to 3CX... I have the log activity from the Patton device and it is trying to connect there but it never establishes a connection.
    Here is the Patton info (I X'd out the last four of the phone numbers):

This one shows a Tmobile call that never connects:
    Active Calls
    ============
    Call Call-Leg State Address Display Charge
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

00e8a3c0
    IF_FXO_0/active CONNECTED 682465XXXX n/a n/a
    router-00e8a4c8/inco TRYING n/a n/a
    009715a8
    router-00e8a4c8/outg CONNECTED 682465XXXX n/a n/a
    IF_SIP_0-00c02768/ac TRYING n/a n/a

This one shows a connect non Tmobile call and Tmobile call trying to connect but never does also:
    Active Calls
    ============
    Call Call-Leg State Address Display Charge
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

00e8a0b0
    IF_FXO_0/active CONNECTED 682465XXXX n/a n/a
    router-010befb8/inco TRYING n/a n/a
    00bf91e8
    router-010befb8/outg CONNECTED 682465XXXX n/a n/a
    IF_SIP_0-00971268/ac TRYING n/a n/a
    00e99c78
    IF_FXO_1/active CONNECTED 817689XXXX n/a n/a
    IF_SIP_1-00975a38/ac CONNECTED n/a n/a

Thanks leejor for the info, now I am atleast on the right track.
    I have looked at Patton's website and it does not offer much support or help, anybody familiar with the Patton 4114 that can help me?

Zack @ DSG

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have a T-Mobile caller block their outgoing number, so that an incoming call shows as "Private". At least then you'd know if it something related to the caller ID. Try the same thing from another caller. I can't see how it could be anything else as the calls all have to come through your one local POTS provider.

9. defensegrp

Thanks for the tip. It was Tmobile's caller ID format and a firmware update to 5.4 on our Patton SN4114's fixed the issue.

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to what the difference was between T-Mobile callers ID and that from other callers....given that your PSTN provider is sending (and formatting) both. Was it the format of the name or length of the number?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.