not possible to see extensions status

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dimosl, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dimosl

hi

i am a new user of 3cx. i installed 3cx free version everything works perfect, i have only one problem with the client. ihave 5 extensions i can see the names and the extensions in the client software but i cannot see the status of each extension. the spot before each extensios is always grey, normally have to be green or red.

thank you

2. crsc

By design: Status is not available in the Free version. Free version always shows grayed status.

3. dimosl

maybe you are right but the problem is that first time i installed it, works and then i format the disk and reinstall windows and it never works again

4. silentfun

silentfun Member

you mean the voip client or the pbx server ?

pbx server have status also in free version.

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. amartini

Hi,

I installed 3cx voip client in my Vista and I cannot see the the spot before each extensions. I don't see the spot grey, green or red.

I tried to reinstall the program and clean my regedit without success.

6. SWB

SWB New Member

I'm having the same problem. Been using the client for over a month now and could always see status of each of my extensions. Now they are all grey :| :x

7. darrellchapman

You need to be running the latest versions (5.1.4393.0) of both the server and VoIP client. The 3CX Team has changed the way the two communicate status to each other and if one if not the latest and greatest, you won't be able to see the user's status. Even though Vista users are not seeing any color ball, I suspect this is their problem as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. SWB

SWB New Member

Ok we upgraded the server side so I upgraded my VOIP client on my XP machine and that solved the problem :)

Did the same thing on my Vista machine and now I have no extensions in my list. I can dial out successfully through the soft phone, so connection is good, but don't see any of my extensions on the Desktop mode. Has the VOIP client had any issues with Vista? This client has been tricky - 1st install I could dial my extensions but could not use the soft phone. Now I can use the soft phone fine but have no extensions. Also my firewall settings in my router somehow defaulted back so I don't have any phone ports open currently, but yet the soft phone works. So overall I really don't know what is going on :| . The ports are still opened in my Windows Firewall though. Can't get a successful tunnel connection either but I've read not many people have.

Does anyone know if the following are the ports which need to be open? Maybe I'm missing something.

5060 (UDP) --> SIP
    3478 (UDP) --> STUN
    9000-9003 (UDP) --> RTP (2 phones)

9. darrellchapman

Sorry, I don't have any deployments of Vista so I can test the client on Vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.