• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Not register

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudym

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm testing the 3CX demo, and all seems to be working fine with the exception of remote extensions. I have no success in getting a remote extension to register. I have have tried a Grandstream 2020 and a X=Lite phone phone. The idea is to have a phone at home and on my computer for when I travel. I have opened ports on the firewall at home but no luck. On the computer I do get a Firewall failed message but based on some posts i have not paid attention.

This is the configuration I have;

3CX (Fully updated) running on a Windows XP
2 - Network card
1-for the LAN extensions (IP: 10.10.5.247)
1-for the WAN with a Public Static IP.

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED as I am pulling the few hairs I have left :).

Thanks
Rudy

Hello
Use stun server
I have 2020 works fine as remote phone

Hi Rudym

As amygoda said use a stun server & that will tell the phones plus the 3cx system where everything is on the net.
Also once that has been done there are two setting on the GXP series you will also need to set & that will depend
on the type of router you have at home. We too use all of our phones as remotes & the laptop will be a bit more
to setup because everwhere you go will not have the same network setup as you do plus there setup can't changed.

1)...Use RFC3581 Symmetric Rounting (this will depend on your router)
2)...NAT Traversal (STUN) (this is a must have YES)
3)...You must pass the fire wall test before everything from you wan will work.

There are about six to eight stun servers you can use all you need is one.

ecwilson

Hello,
also you have to set dns manualy

rudym said:
I have opened ports on the firewall at home but no luck. On the computer I do get a Firewall failed message but based on some posts i have not paid attention.

Thanks
Rudy

Get your basics done 1st and pass the Firewall test otherwise you will be chasing your tail
Open ports 5066 UDP, 9000-9007UDP or higher, 5090 TCP for tunnel.

Look at the Firewall fail messages to find out the reason why. They are quite helpful.

What router are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.