"Not Registered" after configuration of SPA 3102 gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fra John, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fra John

I am a new user to the 3CX phone system software. I am trying to setup the Linksys SPA 3102 after upgrading the firmware. I went thru the process of configuring the PSTN gateway as 3CX gives it here: http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I ended up with the line status, "Not Registered" under the tab, "Ports/Trunck Status" in the 3CX software. I then realized, although not sure, that the easier way would have been to use the procedure for "provisioning" the SPA 3102. After studying about this, I saved the configuration file (XML) generated from 3CX in the folder "C:\temp" and used the string "http://192.168.1.104/temp/linksys-spa-3102.gwcfg" in the "provisioning" tab of the gateway setup webpages (see attached linksys-spa-3102.gwcfg). The IP of the computer running the 3CX software is 192.168.1.104 and is where the configuration XML file resides, whereas the gateway is 192.168.1.100.

Below I have attached a few files for someone to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

For the PSTN portion, the user ID and password should be the same as your trunk number, 10003.

In PSTN-to-VoIP Gateway Setup, Change PSTN ring thru Line 1 to NO, unless you want the phone to ring a phone plugged into the phone jack on the 3102 as well as the call going into 3CX.

In PSTN Caller ID Pattern, you may need to delete the * if you have problems with incoming calls.

If you use North American, Bell type caller ID, change FXO Timer Values/PSTN Answer Delay to 3 (seconds) or you won't get caller ID.

3. fra John

Yes, they are the same. Thank you for the other suggestions.

Anything else to check?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That depends, does it work now?

5. fra John

I checked the system log on the 3CX. It appears there is a mismatch between the two, but after retyping the password and checking that each is set to "10003" still gives the same error. See attached log section.

Attached Files:

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you replace the User ID, in the 3102, with 10003 as well? You only get to put a name of your choosing in the Display Name field.

7. fra John

"Registered" now!

My mistake was that I had some text describing the line in the "User ID" field. I put this to "10003" also. And now it works.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.