Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Not working with PipeDrive

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Rogerio Dec, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogerio Dec

I'm new to the forum, I installed 3CXPhone 6.0.26523.0 on my Windows 7 and it works perfectly.

[​IMG]

I use CRM Pipedrive, with Chrome.

In the phone numbers hyperlink, Pipedrive inserts a "callto:" and then the number.

[​IMG]

But nothing happens.

I would like to know how can I make this number to be automatically dialed after clicking this link?

I already tested some plugins for Chrome, about 3CX, but they do not work.

Any idea?

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rogerio Dec

Thanks, this is for just one desktop, I have no server. In any case, I downloaded all the files indicated, but trying to run 3CXPhone for Windows, it stops at that "Welcome Email", which I did not receive and I do not know how to receive it ...
    Could you help me?

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you use 3CX client you need 3CX server because the welcome email has to come from the 3CX server.
    The 3CX clients that provide this feature need 3CX Server. There is no other way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Rogerio Dec

After starting the server installation (3CXPhoneSystem_15.5.1136.6.exe), this part stops here ...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any clue?

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Strange. Looks like it is not even starting.
    What is the Windows OS you are installing on? I think your Windows need serious updating.
    Can you go to windows update and see if you are behind?

7. Rogerio Dec

It's Windows 7, up to date.
    Also, I tried to disable the firewall, without success.
    The only variable is that I'm using proxy to access internet. Would that make a difference?

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Its is not related to the internet connection. Can you give us the pbxconfigtool.log located in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Logs\PbxConfigTool.log (in Private Message)

#8 nb, May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  9. Rogerio Dec

I had already disabled the firewall on my windows before, without success.
    But I think that it is not possible to go ahead because I am inside a network, which has strict security policies.

In fact, I've never seen something become so complicated, when my goal would be quite simple: dial numbers from the browser.
    Now I have to install servers, clients, plugins, firewalls, etc, etc, etc. All this just to have a local dial on my desktop?
    No, this is extremely bureaucratic.
    Anyway, I appreciate your attention and your commitment to trying to help me.
    But I give up.

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Its nothing to do with firewall.
    And the network is ok. Starting pbx config tool means the app cannot start for some reason. We need the log for this.
    To Dial numbers from the browser you need a client.
    And to use our client you need the server.
    What pbx are you using for your telephony services? The key is if you are ready to swap that out.

11. Rogerio Dec

Nevermind, I've already been able to integrate the browser with 3CX Phone using a simple script that I created with Autohotkey, even in a much more flexible way.

12. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

"extremely bureaucratic"?
    A company providing an auxiliary product for their software based PBX is bureaucratic?
    Not sure where you derive your theory from but it is not accurate picture of what is going on.

13. mevans91

For anyone else having this issue, here's how I fixed it using the web client...
    Pipedrive settings > Company Settings > Phone number link syntax:
    Code:
    https://yourserveraddress:5001/webclient/#/call?phone=[number]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.