Note: The Linksys SPA3102 can either be set as a gateway OR

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by phicsit, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phicsit

My Question is, as I have not been able to find an answer anywhere else, why not both?
    Doesn't this kind of defeat the object of having a device with both FXS and FXO ports on it?...
    Is it the device that has the limitation or the 3cx application. I'd really like to know and if possible I need a work around that "WILL" enable this configuration.
    Any help or info peeps, would be greatly appreciated.

2. phicsit

Sorry guys.
    The subject line is an extract of the config guide online see:
    http ://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    Centre of the document

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The guide is in error. The 3102 will work as both, at the same time. I have three working that way, along with an SPA3000.
    Just be sure that you keep your port numbers straight. It is really two devices, sharing an IP in one box. However, there are options that allow calls to pass between the two devices. You must disable these options , unless you really want to use them, or you may have some problems.

4. phicsit

Thats excellent.
    I have it all set up and working but was waiting for the catastrophic failure after I went live!!
    V Happy to hear it "Shouldn't".......
    How do we go about getting the How-to-guide updated. It clearly states that it is NOT supported.
    It has held me back with doubt for some time, whilst I tested my configs, but with the knowledge that it is supported I need wait no longer, it could save others alot of time testing knowing it is fully functional. I estimate I wasted about a month of pushing routing and configs to the limits trying to make the system fail. DOH!
    Thanks for the update Leejor

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not being "supported" and not actually working, are two different things. What I think they are saying (and someone at 3CX please correct me if I'm wrong), is..."you're on your own" if you try to use both the gateway and ATA at the same time"

Because the two are interlinked in a number of ways, if you don't have a clear concept of how they can interact, you can run into a number of problems. It can be very frustrating, as evidenced by a number of users on this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.