Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Notes Section

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by dkeethler, Dec 30, 2015.

Notes Section 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. dkeethler

Add a Notes section on the left side.

We have several admins for several clients and having a notes section would allow us to put notes such as, "Do not change name of ext. 233" or "Ext. 6443 should never show as registered". Something simple and all it would take is a simple text box really.

Woodster likes this.
  2. PaulD

Agree fully. I've requested this in the past but no joy.

Ideally, a 'Custom Tab' within the Extension entry could provide a number of fields where we could record stuff like:-

1. Handset make
    2. Handset model
    3. Handset serial number
    4. Handset inventory/asset number
    5. Handset location
    6. Diary / notes (multiline)

I know we can record all this stuff in an external spread sheet but admins for larger sites would really welcome this stuff being built in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Aren't the first 2 items already listed for the registered phones? Why would I want to manually notate the phone make/model if 3cx already knows what it is, and I can register multiple devices to the same extension.
    I have a Grand.Stream 2130 and a Yealink T48 both registered to my extension and know that without manually maintaining the information.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PaulD

.... serial numbers, date of purchase, warranty expiry etc. The point is that the fields could be used for anything the administrators wished to record. Feasibly, the labels could be user defined too.

5. telin

Just adding, that having a multiline note would also be very useful in other parts of PBX, not 'Extensions' only.

I believe that we should have an ability to add a note to all the important things in PBX:
    Extensions
    Group of extensions
    Sip trunks
    Port
    Inbound/Outbound rules
    IVRs
    Ring Groups
    Call Queues
    Bridges

6. PaulD

All good suggestions ...... but even just one multi-line note field per extension would be a BIG step forward.

7. PaulD

Bump.....

8. Frank D

Frank D New Member

I agree with Paul, make it easy to implement. A multiline note field for extensions, phones etc.
    To manage large installations professionally with multiple managers this a must have.

9. Christine Trump

Boop, 3rd upvote of my account. Really great points here and i would love to see them implemented. Please add them :')