• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Nothing but problems with remote access

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech4

Reaction score
I have been seriously studying my butt off for the past few weeks, have read all of Kevin's slides, forums, everything I could get my hands on and even passed the certification test so I thought I had this stuff pretty well under control until yesterday when we tried to do some remote connectivity work and have run into nothing but problems. The scenario is that we have two offices setup by themselves and everything is working perfectly internally and the SIP trunks are working flawlessy. But yesterday we are out of town and wanted to do some bridging and remote connections, and this is where everything is falling apart. Both systems are using v8 RC2 on XP Pro SP3 and RC2 versions of 3CX Voip Phone and 3CX Assistant. Both firewalls were initially setup identically per Kevin's firewall slide with the following ports forwarded:

5060 UDP
9000-9049 UDP
5090 Both

Bridging the two systems together, slave system always was reporting destination tunnel doesnt appear to be running
3CX Assistant logs in perfectly with or without tunnel on
3CX Voip Phone will not connect to server, always returns destination not found.

After searching and searching, we then added the following port forwarding:

5480-5486 Both

At this point we had made some progress:

Bridge was up and functioning
3CX Assistant logs in perfectly with or without tunnel on
3CX Voip Phone connects with or without tunnel on
Zoiper Softphone registers after several minutes but is not usable
Cisco SPA509G registers after several minutes but is not usable

Once registered, if you try and place a call, Zoiper appears to dial and then eventually times out with the following log entry:

07:26:47.130 [CM500002]: Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification:
INVITE sip:[email protected];transport=UDP SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.2.101:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-d8754z-4ab92aece2e64663-1---d8754z-;received=97.93.95.221
Max-Forwards: 70
To: <sip:[email protected];transport=UDP>
Call-ID: NjgwM2I2NjU1ODZmOTM5OTU0YjUzZTBlMjcwOWVlOGE.
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, BYE, NOTIFY, REFER, MESSAGE, OPTIONS, INFO, SUBSCRIBE
User-Agent: Zoiper rev.4829
Content-Length: 0

While Zoiper trying to register, I am getting this message:

07:41:17.552 [CM302001]: Authorization system can not identify source of: SipReq: SUBSCRIBE [email protected] tid=93900e1ff1e5e931 cseq=SUBSCRIBE [email protected]:5060 / 1 from(wire)

The Cisco509G acts a little different and although it takes a almost a minute, it does register, trying to call out results in the following message:

07:43:35.365 [CM500002]: Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification:
INVITE sip:[email protected] SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 97.93.95.221:38743;branch=z9hG4bK-e7a96aa0
Max-Forwards: 70
To: <sip:[email protected]>
From: "101"<sip:[email protected]>;tag=855c462256300d53o0
Call-ID: [email protected]
CSeq: 101 INVITE
Expires: 240
Allow: ACK, BYE, CANCEL, INFO, INVITE, NOTIFY, OPTIONS, REFER
Supported: replaces
User-Agent: Cisco/SPA509G-7.1.3
Content-Length: 0

What I am pretty confused about is why the 3CX Assistant would connect over the tunnel and the Softphone wouldnt at first when I followed the firewall instructions in Kevin's slides to the letter and had to open more ports.

Second, why will a phone that works perfectly in the offices wont work remotely?

Third, why Zoiper softphone won't work internally or externally

I hope I have provided enough information here to help shed some light on this.

Put "tech4.dnsdojo.com" in Local SIP domain field under Settings - Advanced.

Regards,

This change had no effect on the issue.

Also make sure:
- that your remote phone registers with the public IP address of the remote location. It looks like the Cisco phone does this (uses 97.93.95.221) but the Zoiper shows an internal IP address. To achieve this you must enable STUN on the remote phone.
- forward TCP and UDP on port 5060 to your 3CX server.

When this is done, please restart all 3CX services. Then run firewall checker to see if it passes all tests. If so - then try again. It should work.

Had already done all of the above suggestions, and yes, I agree, it should work. What I still dont get is why didnt the tunnel work for the 3CX softphone originally either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.