Nothing working after upgrade???

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by keith.bucknall, Jul 1, 2007.

1. keith.bucknall

Dear All,

I have just upgraded to v3.1 as per the web site, i was running the previous version to this with no issues. I have a very small test setup with 4 ext and 2 sip providers.

since upgrading NO phones both hard and soft will register with the server - they just time out and the 2 SIP gateways will not register. the only error i get is:

Time Function Message
    14:29:58.469 LoadLicenceInfo [CM100008] Licence loading error

On the license page I am using the free version?

Can anyone help

Regards
    Keith

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

Could you send the support info file (generate from support page) for your setup to ng@3cx.com then i will follow up this error

3. keith.bucknall

Nick

Many thanks i have now emailed this to you

Keith

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Silly question perhaps, but you rebooted the server? Did not change any IP addresses? Only have on NIC in the 3cx box?

Anotherway might be (bit late now I guess) to use a backup.

What I always do with an upgrade is make a backup of the database, remove the 3cx software install the new software and restore the database. This seems to be working well for me.

5. keith.bucknall

Henk,

Thanks for the reply, I have of course made a backup and restarted the server. There are 3 NIC's in the server but unless something has changed in the 3.1 release as all the previous versions seemed to have coped ok with the cards.

Nothing has changed on the server in the last 5 months since i moved from Trix to 3CX...

Regards

Keith

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not know what it is, but i had the same problem and removed the nics and all is ok.

I used to run it on a ISA server (3NICS for internal, external and DMZ) and had no problem either but 3cx got a bit tempramental when I added a second nic on the same network segment.

You have to specify all one nic for 3cx, if you have more than 1 nic 3cx will listen to all nics and the ports it needs. You without a doubt understand that that will cause troubles with routing the traffic (split horizon type scenarios) as it receives on one nic (because you have that one specified in your phones) but can send traffic out on another nic.

The real fix for this....... ? Go throught the config files and make sure that all the configs are pointing to one nic.

Personally I think 3CX shoudl provide (as they provide the option for your mail server) to nominate an IP or FQDN during the installation and that will than be used to bind the 3cx traffic to. Should not be to problamatic.

I also think that this problem only occurs if the NIC's are on the same network segement (ip range).

Hope this helps.

7. keith.bucknall

Henk,

I thought this could be the issue, what config file do i need to edit. I am happy to assign one full NIC to 3CX not a problem but not sure how or what to change to do this.

I looked in the ini file in the default installation directory but could not see where you specify this.

I would also agree on your points where you can specify a NIC to use - perhaps in a future release.

If you or someone else could let me know what file to change or what syntax to put in, I am happy to do this.

Regards
    Keith

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keith,

I do not know where and how to change this, and I do not really have the time (sorry) to figure it out.

I suspect it will be fiddly.

You can start with:

<3cx inst dir>/bin/apache/conf/httpd.conf

There is an entry stating listen 5481 try to change that to listen <youripaddress>:5481

9. keith.bucknall

Henk

The problem is now fixed, the issue was the 3CX System service was not even installed or registered - i had to reinstall the application a 2nd time to work

thank you to support and yourself for the ideas and solutions.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well that tends to help if you install the software. :roll:

All i really can say:

STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD

LOL