Nothing works!

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by millsey, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millsey

    millsey New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    Messages:
    187
    Likes Received:
    0
    The only thing that works for me in VAD is prompt playback and user input. I have gone round in circles trying to find out why things are breakign out of the call flows and disconnectiong. In order to debug live I have tried and failed to set up database access to log variables, this always causes a disconnect. I haev tried file management to append a status line to a file, this causes a disconnect. I have tried a web interaction simply posting a status line, this causes a disconnect.

    Is there something fundamentally broken in this latest release of VAD? I don't even know where to start looking to debug this!

    I have also seen the following;

    When doing a user input, valid input causes the module to play the intro again then disconnect.

    Millsey
     
  2. millsey

    millsey New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    Messages:
    187
    Likes Received:
    0
    Also text to speech causes a disconnect, I have checked and the server is solid and appears OK. Is there a particualr frameword I should be checking for issues?
     
  3. VAD_Support

    VAD_Support Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    690
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    In first place, I suggest you to take a look at the 3CXIvrServer.log file. When an error occurs into a VAD callflow, that file will contain some useful error information. The file is located at %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Logs.

    In case you're experiencing a server side error, the 3CXIvrServer.log will just show a 500 error (internal server error). In that case, go to your project deployment folder "%ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\YOUR_PROJECT_NAME_AND_BUILD_NUMBER" and look for log files with name "Errors_XXXX.log". For example, for database access errors the file name is "Errors_DatabaseAccess.log". Those files contain detailed error description.

    Once you get used to the VAD, you will be able to create really cool stuff with very few effort. A very common error is using constant string values without single quotes. That causes javascript runtime errors and the call is disconnected. But once you get it fixed, you will see that this is a very powerful tool!

    Hope the information helps, and don't hesitate to contact us again if you still have problems. Also, if you want, feel free to send me your project so I take a look at it.

    Regards,
     
  4. millsey

    millsey New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    Messages:
    187
    Likes Received:
    0
    One quick one whilst trying to progress this;

    I need to repalce a dialled STAR to be a Percent sign which then I can use for a LIKE statement in SQl.

    REPLACE(getrefnumberfromcaller.Buffer,'**,'%')

    Does nto work presumably because the % is a modulus in javascript.

    I have tired

    REPLACE(getrefnumberfromcaller.Buffer,'**,'\%')

    But that causes the call to terminate.
    How do I escape the percent?
     
  5. millsey

    millsey New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    Messages:
    187
    Likes Received:
    0
    Never mind I had a typo on this particular one, had '** instead of '*'

    The escape character \ appears to work then.
     
  6. millsey

    millsey New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    Messages:
    187
    Likes Received:
    0
    This is very quick progress now I know where to look. The database component is failing like this (in the error logs)

    2012-09-14 17:43:22.236
    System.ArgumentException: Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 66.
    at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.GetKeyValuePair(String connectionString, Int32 currentPosition, StringBuilder buffer, Boolean useOdbcRules, String& keyname, String& keyvalue)
    at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey)
    at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(String connectionString, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(String value)
    at ASP.fletchers_debug_82_selfservice_autodialbyrefnumber_mf_databaseaccesscomponent1_doit_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\Fletchers_Debug_82\SelfService_AutoDialByRefNumber_MF_databaseAccessComponent1_DoIt.aspx:line 138
     
  7. millsey

    millsey New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    Messages:
    187
    Likes Received:
    0
    My bad again, someone had changed the login for our SQL server.

    My super call flow is now working, need to add a few error scenarios but this is actually brilliant as a tool for us, the VAD I have created prompts the caller to enter our reference number, we look it up in our database and call directly to the right person :)

    Thanks VAD_Support for quick responses, this debugging advice got me pushed along to getting it working.
     
  8. VAD_Support

    VAD_Support Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    690
    Likes Received:
    0
    Glad to hear that you have it working.
    Feel free to ask if you encounter any other issue.
    Regards,
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.