notification of outbound rule usage (use case:emergency numbers)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Brad Allison, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Brad Allison

add the ability to notify specific extensions or groups of extensions if someone uses a specific outbound rule.
    the usage of this would be for alerting proper people of the use of emergency calls.

example

an extension calls 911 the use of a 911 rule triggers an alert to be sent to the front office group.
    this would also be helpful for a multi-site deployment with a centralized server as each outbound rule would have extensions to notify based off their local branch.

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Take a look at 3CX 911 Emergency Notifier https://www.VoIPTools.com Sends notifications by phone, email, sms text, and desktop application.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bob Anderson

Price is prohibitive

4. Adam Orr

Hi Bob, contact me @ adam.orr@voiptools.com or 801-642-4655. I'm sure we can work something out with you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bob Anderson

Hello Adam- I use linux, and just realized yours is windows compatible only. it was for a 32sc retirement home

6. Adam Orr

Hi Bob,

Many people are currently using Linux for their 3CX system, and many people need VoIPTools for their 3CX. We are working on creating a Linux Relay, but that will take much time. In the meantime, there's a quick way around this that many of our customers do:

Simply back up your Linux installation, install 3CX on Windows, and recover your Linux backup on the Windows server.

Very quick and easy fix, and we can help you in any way you need.

Thanks!