novice needs help adding a sip phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mccltd, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mccltd

Hi,

I have played around with asterisk and got that working sort of with my phones but I am after some help with 3CX.

So far I have 3cx running on my computer and it has two softphones via other computers working with it and my iphone via a SIP app.

Now I'm trying to add one of my cisco 7941g phones on the same network that has been flashed to sip but I have not a clue where to start.
    I know on asterisk I had to create a file with the phones mac address in and tell the phone where to look for it but what do I have to do on 3cx?
    Is there an idiots guide to adding a sip phone?
    The phones status says registering but nothing happens, xmldefault.cnf.xml not found.
    Where do i put these file for it to find them, do I need anything else running other than 3cx?

Sorry for the questions but i have tried searching and cant find a tutorial to help me.

Dave

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Same as before, the files have to be created manually and placed on a tFTP server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mccltd

Hi,
    Yes just managed to work that out thanks.
    I just ran a TFTp server and got the phone to load the SIP(mac).cnf.xml file from it but it wont register.
    In 3cx I have created an extension number 30. ID = 30 and password = 30
    The ip address for my 3cx server is 192.168.20.17 and my gateway is 192.168.20.25

4. mccltd

Well I have sorted it myself, so far so good the cisco phones are working.

Has anyone else got theirs working with a descent set of options on the display? or even services?

Must be some way of setting up other features on th display otherwise I may aswell stick with my BT phone exchange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.