Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

novice needs help adding a sip phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mccltd, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mccltd

Hi,

I have played around with asterisk and got that working sort of with my phones but I am after some help with 3CX.

So far I have 3cx running on my computer and it has two softphones via other computers working with it and my iphone via a SIP app.

Now I'm trying to add one of my cisco 7941g phones on the same network that has been flashed to sip but I have not a clue where to start.
    I know on asterisk I had to create a file with the phones mac address in and tell the phone where to look for it but what do I have to do on 3cx?
    Is there an idiots guide to adding a sip phone?
    The phones status says registering but nothing happens, xmldefault.cnf.xml not found.
    Where do i put these file for it to find them, do I need anything else running other than 3cx?

Sorry for the questions but i have tried searching and cant find a tutorial to help me.

Dave

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Same as before, the files have to be created manually and placed on a tFTP server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mccltd

Hi,
    Yes just managed to work that out thanks.
    I just ran a TFTp server and got the phone to load the SIP(mac).cnf.xml file from it but it wont register.
    In 3cx I have created an extension number 30. ID = 30 and password = 30
    The ip address for my 3cx server is 192.168.20.17 and my gateway is 192.168.20.25

4. mccltd

Well I have sorted it myself, so far so good the cisco phones are working.

Has anyone else got theirs working with a descent set of options on the display? or even services?

Must be some way of setting up other features on th display otherwise I may aswell stick with my BT phone exchange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.