Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Novice Seeks Setup Assistance

Discussion in 'Android' started by JetStar, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetStar

Hello everyone,

New to the board and very new to the whole SIP concept. My apologies to those experts from whom I seek a little help in setting this up.

I have a Verizon Wireless Motorola DROID-X Android smartphone. I travel quite extensively internationally and was excited to find Skype Mobile already installed on my phone. What I didn't realize until I took the phone to Germany is that VZW's version of Skype Mobile for DROID-X only makes calls over the 3-G cellular/data signal and NOT on the WiFi system, as I had assumed.

I have scoured these pages looking for setup instructions on getting up and running using SIP. But I have run into a snag:

After following the instructions on getting a Sipgate account, I then went to SIP Sorcery, as directed, to take the next step and discovered that SIP Sorcery is CLOSED to any new accounts and from the looks of their blog, it doesn't look good for future new comers to be added anytime soon.

So now I'm stuck. I don't know enough about the SIP technology to figure out the next steps, now that SS is down.

Is there anyone out there willing to take pity on a newbie, hold my hand and show me the way?

Much obliged!

JetStar

2. loganss

Beginner's Guide:
    http://n1blog.ed-pages.com/?p=17

I only verified with a Nexus One so I don't know how well this works for Droid X phones.

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what kind of a solution you are looking for, but i can offer you one with the 3CXPhone for Android.

1) Download the 3CXPhone through the Android Market for free.
    2) Buy any account with any provider you like ( Preferably a 3CX Supported Provider ) and simply enter the credentials given to you in the 3CXPhone.

By doing this you should be able to make calls with the 3CXPhone from any location with WiFi or 3G depending on what you want to use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.