Number catch in 3CX Phone

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by noord, Jan 25, 2016.

1. noord

We have several clients that are currently using, for example, Xelion, but also Skype has this option:
    Number catch.

Essentially this just looks in any application-window currently visible for anything that looks like a phone number and creates a little pop-up if you hover over it.
    I don't like this feature very much personally, but there are a lot of people that do.

(besides this, the 3CX Client could also use a general overhaul, it's all very, very small)

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I have the PRO version and webpages I can click on phone numbers and it will dial.
    Don't think it works like that in Email - unless the number has the TEL link.

What do you mean the 3cx client is very, very small? perfect size for me and I have used it on several monitor and laptop screen sizes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. noord

Yes, TEL-links work, but 'number catch' searches each and every active window for numbers to dial.
    Skype uses this as well ('Click to Call' I believe they call it).

And with the small size I mean many option screens are really cramped. The text almost doesn't fit or doesn't fit, the strangest abbreviations are used to make things fit... It's all as if it has been designed with 640x480 in mind. If you compare it to the Lync (Skype for Business) client... Especially the screen to put in forwarding rules and such are much easier to use in Lync.
    Note that we're using the Dutch version, so English text might fit a whole lot better.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

translation could be the issue...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...