Number Lookup TXT File

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by ittogo, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ittogo

Hi,

we have build a VAD script which looks up a number from a number.txt.
    This number.txt is saved under C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr. And in the script the file stated as ../number.txt.
    This works so far.
    But when we try to save the number.txt in an other location, the script won't work anymore.
    Why can't we save the number.txt in any location and stated the location in the script?

I hope i could explain, what i mean.

Best regards
    Andreas Schumacher

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

This is pretty sure a IIS configuration issue.

By default it only allows to access files into the IVR application folder. I'm pretty sure that you can configure it to allow it. Also, I think that this is a limitation of IIS, and very possible it is not there with Abyss, I have not tried, but I think Abyss has not that limitation. Can you confirm that you're using IIS?

3. ittogo

Hi,

unfortunately i cannot confirm. We are using Abyss Server.
    May You can try with the Abyss and a TXT file.
    We didn't have any sucess by trying an other location.

Best regard,
    Andreas Schumacher

4. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

So, it seems that Abyss has the same behavior. I'm not an expert with Abyss web server, but pretty sure it can be configured to
    allow access to directories outside the application directory. You should be able to reconfigure it to make it work as you need.

Maybe this link helps you:
    http://www.aprelium.com/data/doc/2/abyssws-win-doc-html/index.html

It is the user's manual of the Abyss Web Server. Pretty sure there you will find what you need to know to make the configuration changes.

Regards,

5. ittogo

Hi,

i tried to configure an other path for the Abyss Application directory, but can't get it to work.

Maybe someone else has more experience with the Abyss Webserver and can give me a good hint, who to manage the problem.

Best regards

6. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

I can easily create a component for you that will move the file to any location after it is saved. Send me a PM if you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.