• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Number not available - free tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabione

Customer
Reaction score
Hello, if I call a not working or died number I have the normal free tone instead of the provider's message that tell "the number that you called are not active etc" so I can't know that the numeber is not working.

In the log I have the right message:

SIP Server/Call Manager ID: 12294
Call or Registration to 0X5721XX79@(Ln.10001@VoipVoice) has failed. 1XX.XX8.XX.166 replied: 404 User Not Found; from IP:1XX.XX8.XX.166:5060

Any suggestion ?

Hello @Fabione ,

the audio that you receive if you call a number that does not exist, depends on the provider. This should come to the PBX in the form of early media, the PBX does not translate the 404 message into a prompt. I would suggest that you speak with your provider and see if it's something on their side.

Hope this helps!

Thank you Andreas for the answer, I opened a ticket on my certified 3CX provider.

I did some test, I'm in office and I call with my 3CX extension a celleular number:

If the cellular is line free - I heard the dial free tone correctly
If the cellular is busy - I heard the 3CX prompt correctly or the busy tone if BUSYPROMPT is set to 0
If the cellular is off - I heard the dial free tone (not correct)
If the cellular is off or without signal - I heard the dial free tone (not correct)
If the cellular is inexact or a died number - I heard the dial free tone (not correct)

Is this a provider problem ? Or can be somethinghs of my 3CX or Telephone Setting ?

Thank you again.

It would appear as if your provider is ending the call (and sending a SIP 404) before you are able to hear the recording from the terminating end. They probably assume that your equipment (PBX) can interpret the message, and locally play an appropriate recording.

Reactions: AndreasPo_3CX
Like leejor said, the provider (that is the SIP provider, not your 3CX provider,unless they are the same) is sending the 404 message without sending early media.
If they assume that your PBX can interpret the message or if they just choose to not send any early media, that is something that you will have to ask them.

Thank you for your answer !

The provider answer me that for them anythings are ok, so they send the 404 error an no media but 3CX do not have a prompt for 404.

This is not good because the provider is Voipvoice, a certified and supported 3CX sip trunk:

https://www.3cx.com/partners/sip-trunks/italia/

I'm waiting to talk with them again but I'm a little confused ...

Sounds like something for the Ideas forum. A table...receive 404, play message A. Sip messages linked to recordings

It works that way (most of the time) in the PSTN world, as providers don't want to tie up trunks longer than necessary (or at all) as someone listens to a busy tone, or a "line not in service" recording. Most (but not necessarily all) call "status" recordings come from the originating switch, initiated by a message over SS7 links.

@Fabione ,

try going into Settings>>PBX and under "General Options" enable the options that says "Play Busy prompt when extension is busy" . That option will translate busy tones and other messages as well, from what i have tested, it seems that it actually translates the 404 message and plays the "NOTFOUND" prompt. Give that a try and see if it works for you.

As far as provider support goes, yes Voipvoice is a supported provider but please note that early media transmission is not part of the testing for provider support and interoperability.
If you believe that there should be a table like @leejor said, you can suggest it in our Ideas section of the forum where it can be up-voted by other users and can be evaluated by the appropriate department.

The provider resolved the problem in 5 minutes, I had a configuration error on 3CX in outbound rules I made 4 route (I have 4 SIM Calls) now I configured 4 sim call in the sip trunk and only 1 route in the outbound rules and I have the correct voice if I call a died or off number.

Voipvoice have a great assistance !!

Thank you for your help.

Glad the issue was resolved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mendy E
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.