Number of Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigbrass, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigbrass

I have the free trial version and will be going to the paid edition in the next week or so when I have everything working.

When I called the SIP number twice, the error "License Limit: Number of simultaneous calls covered by current license has been exceeded." came in the logs even though "Number of Simultaneous Calls" is "2" in the Licence section.

Am I right in assuming the incoming call to the SIP line and the call from 3CX to the SIP phone are both classed as a call even though it is technically just one incoming call?

2. justin

No that is only 1 call. I just tested it to be sure too and I can make a call from ext. to ext. and still make another call out from another ext. again. Can you call out from the phone you were trying to call out from if no other calls are being made?

3. francesco

francesco New Member

Number of Simultaneous Calls intend external call

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. justin

It's internal calls too... I've tested!
    Only two calls at any one time. But calling 1 internal line to another internal line is only one call, you can make another still. Well at least you should be able to and I was able to.

5. justin

You get a destination busy tone.

6. Henk

Henk Member

I think "calls" is misleading I believe it is "trunks"

For example, receive call from PSTN line, routed to Extension (I believe that is two trunks or legs what ever it is called).

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. craigbrass

If this is the case I think it should be changed to just inbound calls via the trunks. It would make much more sense.

8. francesco

francesco New Member

I'm a little confuse, this thing must be clarifies.
    i don't have 3cx free version

9. justin

To clarify. With the 2 simultaneous calls demo key you can make 2 total connections, regardless of it goes from PSTN>3CX>Phone or just Phone>Phone internally, either counts as 1 call. When both connections are in use, any further inbound/outbound calls results in a destination busy (Engaged) tone. I have the demo key and I have tested it and can confirm the above.

10. craigbrass

I can confirm that this is not the case. I have the demo key setup and as soon as one call comes in, the licence error appears in the logs.

11. justin

Really?!? Mine seems to work ok....Maybe I just got lucky?!?

12. Henk

Henk Member

Matt,

That makes sense, if a call is from originator ---> terminator than that is ok. I assume that includes diversions where you can have:

PSTN-->3CX ext1--> 3cx ext2 (That would be two legs, but one call.....).

H

13. Henk

Henk Member

Well, lets put it this way, it might be better than a UPS.

But if you see some smoke clowds, in the general direction of Australia, than you know I connected the wrong wires :)

I guess this is getting of topic.... but keep an eye on this page I will put some updates there when I get the parts in.

http://www.lyndhurst-hill.info/plasma/index.php

H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.