Number of channels when paging

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ccexpert, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccexpert

Is paging considered using your channel license? For instance if I had the 4 channel license and wanted to page 8 phones. Will only 4 work, will all of them work, will it not work at all?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can't confirm in practice, but, I suspect that, as it is not a two way conversation, a page, would probably be considered as one "call", if that.
    It would not make sense to have, say, a four licence system, with perhaps 10 extensions, and only be able to page four sets at one time. And... that would only be, if no one else was engaged in a call.

I'm sure that another member has some practical experience with this.

3. ccexpert

Is there a page that shows licenses in use? I guess I could just page and look at the license count in use.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have to assume that it is assessed in the same manner as a ring group. You can have many more ring group member sets "ringing" than your licence allows concurrent conversations.

5. ccexpert

3CX support confirmed that a paging group consumes 2 licenses. 1 for the call from the phone paging and 1 to the paging group. No matter how many phones are in the group. Which is exactly how I wanted it to work. Thanks for the replies.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Great, I learned something. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.