Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Number of channels when paging

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ccexpert, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccexpert

Is paging considered using your channel license? For instance if I had the 4 channel license and wanted to page 8 phones. Will only 4 work, will all of them work, will it not work at all?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can't confirm in practice, but, I suspect that, as it is not a two way conversation, a page, would probably be considered as one "call", if that.
    It would not make sense to have, say, a four licence system, with perhaps 10 extensions, and only be able to page four sets at one time. And... that would only be, if no one else was engaged in a call.

I'm sure that another member has some practical experience with this.

3. ccexpert

Is there a page that shows licenses in use? I guess I could just page and look at the license count in use.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have to assume that it is assessed in the same manner as a ring group. You can have many more ring group member sets "ringing" than your licence allows concurrent conversations.

5. ccexpert

3CX support confirmed that a paging group consumes 2 licenses. 1 for the call from the phone paging and 1 to the paging group. No matter how many phones are in the group. Which is exactly how I wanted it to work. Thanks for the replies.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Great, I learned something. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.