Numbers dialed not being transmitted properly

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by henington, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henington

I've had this issue before, and 3cx support was able to fix the problem. I dont recal what they did though and no longer have access to that area.

When I dial into a bridge line or any automated system that asks me to enter numbers, the numbers I push are not transmitted properly. I can push 12345 and the other end says, "one, two, two, three, three, four, five is not valid" for example.

What should I try to modify to help?
    3cx v10 with the 3cx Soft phone on windows 7.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this just happening from one set, the softphone? If so then the DTMF method is probably not set to match the far end that is decoding the digits. There are various choices, you'll have to "mix and match" until you find a combination/setting that works for you.

3. henington

this is done on a handset / softphone basis and not configured at the 3cx level right?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3CX will just pass the information on. This has to be set (match) up properly on the set, and the Gateway ,or be compatible with a VoIP provider. DTMF can be send as audio, or as various SIP messages that are decoded or can be re-generated at the far end, in some cases. The audio method isn't the most reliable over VoIP especially when using some of the low rate codecs, that is why the other methods were developed..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.