Solved Numbers pressed during a call are not the numbers that get sent

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DaveDaveDave, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveDaveDave

I have a client that when on a conference call for example is required to press a code to enter the conference. The numbers they press however are not the numbers that are sent and are therefore unable to join the conference. This has also been the case for other services such as telephone banking.

Any ideas for where I should start troubleshooting this? I have not see this issue before. Could it be a physical desk phone mismatch in 3CX somewhere? This is indicated to be on several handsets, but I am yet to verify the extent of the issue.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this for services external to 3CX? What type of sets, and trunking are you using? Could the issue be, two digits "sent" for every one pressed? If so, then there may be a DTMF Method problem. This might be resolved at the set, or, at the gateway, if one is being used.

3. DaveDaveDave

Hi, yes, services external to 3CX. Not sure what sets they are, will check tomorrow. I'll look at DTMF in 3CX and report back. Thanks for responding leejor.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It won't be settings in 3CX as such, it may be settings in the set, and/or the gateway, if used. Many sets are provisioned to"force" a particular DTMF Method, when an "Auto" setting is more "reliable". You will have to do some testing, if changes are made.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @DaveDaveDave

You should also mention if the calls come in through a Voip provider and who that provider is or if you are using a gateway etc. Different providers use different DTMF methods. Also a wireshark capture on the server will tell you what is being sent by the provider and this is failing.

DaveDaveDave likes this.
  6. DL_

DL_

DaveDaveDave likes this.
  7. DaveDaveDave

I believe a colleague continued the ticket in my absence. I'll try to find out what the resolution was and post. Thanks for your advice all.

8. DaveDaveDave

Looks like we upgraded the whole system from onsite to an Azure instance. That resolved the issue. Not quite the answer I would have liked to have posted but that's all I can offer. Thanks for your advice all.

9. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the has been resolved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.