O365 Updating 3CX Status based on User's Calendar

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Mike Hefner, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Hefner

We are having trouble making this work. I am looking for detailed instructions beyond what is on the 3CX website. We submitted a ticket and receive the link to the 3CX impersonation page. https://www.3cx.com/docs/how-to-create-impersonated-user/#h.5egg3xlsldex

Any help is appreciated.

We have created the Impersonated account and assigned an O365 license and entered the creds in the Contacts - O365 module on the 3CX server.

2. tvdir

Is this a new install, or an upgrade from a pre-v15 version?

Can you check if these two parameters exist under Settings > Parameters:
    CDM_EX_CAL_LEGACYAWAY (should be set to Away)
    CDM_EX_CAL_LEGACYOOO (should be set to Out of office)

Also, you can check the 3cxSystemService for any errors.

3. Mike Hefner

Thanks tvdir. We actually were able to get this working. However, it was not clear at the beginning that the design of the presence update is that once 3CX updates the extension status to away it does not set it back to available once the meeting has ended. That is going to be a no-go for our client. So if anyone has a workaround for that let me know...

4. tvdir

That's exactly the reason why we don't use it. I understand 3CX's statement regarding this, but having the choice to either switch back automatically or manually would make it more useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.