Obi 110 and 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ddalton, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddalton

Can someone explain to me step by step how to forward setup the Obi 110 :
    -inbound calls from the LINE port to forward to the automated assistant
    -unanswered calls go to google voicemail
    -add an extension that is the PHONE port

I have used the example here:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/solution-to-using-obi110-with-3cx-phone-system-v10-21295.html

but it only goes to the 3cx voicemail for an extension. I have SP2 registered as a SIP phone and I can dial out but it doesnt forward calls to the Obi PHONE port.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't used the device but I assume that it is similar in many ways to the SPA3102 (designed by some of the same bunch) with the added Google Voice options.

Where do your inbound calls go now? In the trunk setting in 3CX you can send the calls to an Automated Attendant (after you create one)

That depends on what is seen as unanswered. If the call goes to an automated receptionist, then it's been answered and will not go to the Google Voicemail.

It's no different than using a PSTN line, with a voicemail option, in conjunction with a gateway going into 3CX on a trunk. If 3CX causes the PSTN line to go off-hook, the calls will never go to the phone companies voicemail.

3. ddalton

i can use the internal voicemail in 3cx instead of google voice but how do i configure 3cx to :

-use the obi 110 phone port as an extension
    -forward inbound calls to 3cx from the line port
    -allow outbound calls from the obi phone port to the obi line port

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not sure as I have yet to use one, if it can be registered to a SIP provider or not.(which is what would be required to use as an extension) I guess should really sit down and go over the manual at some point.

I'm not clear on what you mean (or are trying to achieve). Inbound calls on the line port are, "forwarded" onto 3CX. Settings are covered in the link that you posted.

Again, not sure, but something like that should be covered in the Obi manual

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just picked up the Obi 110....so, over the next few weeks (months?),as time allows, I will try to integrate it into 3CX and see how it goes. I'll post the results and any tips in using it with the PBX.

Haven't even looked over the admin guide yet but the menu sure doesn't look like anything I've dealt with before, this might be fun.

6. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Interesting that you are integrating the OBi 110 with 3CX, as it does appear to do so much on its own ... Interesting YouTube here:

Kerry Garrison from http://voipstore.com does an overview of the Obihai Obi110 ATA / SIP Gateway / Voice Bridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BwQ0E6fmQ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It does appear to have a lot going for it on it's own (or used with other Obi devices), however the people on this forum are probably using 3CX and would be more interested in how 3CX, could easily use Google voice or bring Obi talk into the PBX, as well as a PSTN trunk. I've been a fan of the SPA3102 given it's flexibility, but as the Obi was on sale, I couldn't resist getting one. I'll see what I can get it to do.

Ok...it's a new toy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.