obitalk 202 & 3cx voip

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by allenhuang55, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenhuang55

We were able to config the obitalk 202 with the GV voice accounts to be functional able to make phone calls and receive phone call through analog phone .

But instead of making and receive calls using analog phone, we would like to config the obitalk 202 to be added or status registered with 3cx. So we can use the obitalk with the google lines with be additional voip providers.

we were able to config the ITSP (profile A) and voice setting (sp1 service) with google voice account via google chat.

we were also able to config ITSP profile B and sp2 service to have a green registered light under the setting configured " no need need' register to make or receive received call, but unable to make any call or receive any call through google voice line.

We could not receive or make call because ITSP profile A and sp1 service was not routed to ITSP Profile B and sp2 service.

We does not know what X_InboundCallRoute need to be configured so that profile A and sp1 service which can route google voice lines to profile B and sp2 service for registeration. We were not able to make outbound call as well. What is your recommendation.

Thanks for your input and assistance.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Allen

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I just picked up one of the Obi110's recently and have just begun looking over the documentation. I have yet to plug in the unit and play around with configuration. Perhaps over the weekend, time permitting

I'm not sure, at this point , how different your model is from the 110.

There appears to be two SIP providers that can be registered, one of those can be the Google Voice service. The other could be registered to 3CX as either a trunk or an extension. That is what I will be exploring.. I'm hoping that I can register the second SIP "line" as a trunk from 3CX and then (using prefixes in the 3CX outbound rules) direct calls out, either on the PSTN line, Google voice, or even over the Obi Talk network. I hope that incoming calls from all sources can route in on the 3CX trunk as well.

We'll see what happens.....

3. allenhuang55

The 202 device have 4 ITSP profiles service profils and 4 voice services. I don't know what the 101 device had. But the 202 device might have more setting than 101.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm sure that the 202 has additional features that are lacking on the 110, but the basics of call routing within the device will probably be similar. That, is what I'm currently looking into.

For myself, the ideal situation would be having access to all services through a 3CX trunk. I'm not really concerned about using the ATA in the Obi, I have others, as 3CX extensions for that.

5. allenhuang55

were you able to get obi202 to register with 3cx as a voice service provider? or did have success on adding the obi device as sip trunk? Thanks

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I did get one of the SIP services to register as a trunk with 3CX, that part is pretty easy. I have not had any time to sit down and play around with their digit mapping system just yet, it has some similarities with , but many differences to the dialplans used by Linksys/Cisco devices . There is a fair amount of information on the Obihai site forum, including the devices use with "other" PBX's. I've read some of it over but have yet to implement any call routing. It certainly does appear to be do-able, as the unit has a lot of flexibility. The drawback I see at this point is that fact that you can only use two SIP providers, and if you choose to use Google Voice, then that takes up one of them. this would mean that you would not be able to register a trunk to 3Cx along with a set (FXS port) and still access Google Voice, at least it appears that way so far.

The only thing that the Obi110 brings to the tale that the SPA3102 doesn't, is Google voice, the Obitalk network and an internal IVR. There are reports that the Obi is better than the 3102 at handling echo issues, so I'm interested to see if that is indeed the case, not that I have any real echo problems myself.
    Of course, not everyone (outside the US) will have access to Google Voice, at least for the time being, nor, do i suspect that there is a big demand for access to the Obitalk network, unless your friends have all invested in them as well.

I will update here when I have some progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.