OCS 2007 and 3CX Integration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danieldo, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danieldo

I am having issues with Microsoft OCS 2007 where the service expects the tel uri to be in the e.164 format with +<number>. The 3CX doesn't doesn't like the use of the + and OCS 2007 requires it for reverse number lookup to a user account. I tried replacing the + with a '00' but no joy.

13:18:41.946|.\Endpoint.cpp(197)|Critical0|Endpoint|Endpoint::findSource:[CM010001] Line configuration does not allow identification of the source of this call. Check Advanced Options for Gateways and Providers and match a field to a correct value from the following: Contact IP: 'UMOCSMED.UM.LOCAL'; From: '+243'; To: '235'; Rline: '235'; Contact:

The 3CX version is 3.1.2434.0. Is there any way to get the two systems talking?

2. Ralph

Ralph Member

Interesting

This is just a stab in the dark here, but I seem to remember reading that OCS might require an intermediary device or server to interact with a third party pbx. Basically a translator of some type?

Best of luck

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

We do not yet support OCS. We are still deciding whether we wish to do this or not.

However, if you want to try it, then i suggest using version 5. This allows you to process e164 numbers and route them accordingly.

Also, if you want to avoid authentication, then you can setup a SIP trunk to the OCS server. 3CX will consider OCS an outside VOIP provider and using outbound rules you can forward and receive calls from it.

4. Grizzly Strength

I installed 3CX about a year ago and tried to integrate it with Live Communications Server 2005. I searched for help in the forums and realized that 3CX was not compatible. I gave up and ditched the project. Now that OCS 2007 is out, I am once again in need of a compatible PBX system. I installed two other competitor products on two lab machines and after working on these systems for a couple of days I remembered how much better the 3CX interface was. I am now back simply to post a comment that I would like to see 3CX work with OCS!

I most likely represent thousands of other users who have not bothered to register and voice their comments. Integration with OCS will put your product into a new market. A market that will see tremendous growth over the next 5 years.

5. netcam

We are currently testing 3CX for deployment throughout our company and we have been looking at OCS 2007 as well.

I would also like to see compatibility with OCS 2007 and 3CX.

Jonathan

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

We are working on installing 3CX with OCS and creating a configuration guide for it.

7. m.oe

Are your tests going well?

I will try to setup 3CX<->OCS in the near future. Is there anything that should be noted?

Markus

8. davidlim

Hi,

would like to find out when is the integration going to happen?? i have lots of customer are interested in 3CX.

regards,

9. sdeweirt

Guys please people are asking and looking for this, don't see as the slave of but as a successful add-on !!

10. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You can integrate OCS 2007 with 3CX. No problem. You have to configure OCS to do it though. Its not an integration we have to develop, its a matter of knowing how to use OCS and configuring it to use 3CX as a gateway. So if you are familiar with OCS there is really no need to have to 'wait' for us.

And if you dont know how to use OCS, then you are posting to the wrong forum :)

That said, as indicated we are working on a guide which explains how to configure OCS to use 3Cx. However we have our hands full at the moment so it will be a month or so.

11. m.oe

Now I have a test setup in the following form:

[OCS] - [OCS Mediation Server] - [3CX] - [VoIP Provider]

The connection OCS Mediation <-> 3CX has to be setup as a SIP trunk. Calls from OCS to 3CX users work properly.

How can I call external parties from OCS? When setting up the SIP trunk I have to choose where incoming calls will be routed, but this only allows fixed destinations. Instead, 3CX should connect to the number that the OCS user has dialled.

Is this possible? How did you configure that in your test setup?

Thank you!

Markus

12. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Markus,

I didnt understand the question - do you have some setup running? Can you give us more details what you have setup and where you are stuck? Please give more details in terms of config screenshots, SIP trunk configuration and all that. It would seem that if you can call users on 3cx, that you would be able to make outbound calls using a prefix and outbound rules on 3CX?

13. ketilgri

I 'll jump into this discussion as I am working a lot with OCS. OCS has three possible pbx integrations: Enterprise Voice, Remote Call Control using CSTA and both. What we are talking about here is Enterprise Voice. The OCS mediation server will see 3cx as it's pbx gateway, that is a gateway to the pstn. It's very encouraging to see that calls are working from ocs to 3cx and that the 3cx people are interested in getting this feature to work. I have a couple of questions:

1) Is 3cx able to forward calls coming in on one sip trunk and forward it on another trunk to a voip provider or gateway? In that case, it's all about configuring oubound rules.
    2) Is 3cx able to add a + sign to an incoming call from the provider or end user, and forward it on a trunk to the OCS mediation server? OCS depends on the +sign on all incoming calls.

This is getting very exciting.

14. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

1) What do you mean exactly? Forward to what number?
    2) Yes, it is possible. Outbound rules allows to prepend a prefix, which may contain '+'.

15. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Ketilgri,

Great to hear you are interested in getting this to work. We are interested to get integration on the road as well.

In regards to your questions - in regards to question 1 - we can setup 2 trunks, no problem at all. One make to outbound or receive inbound calls to a VOIP provider for example and one to connect to OCS. We can setup trunks or maybe even 'bridge connections', which are designed to link 2 PBXs. However its unclear to me what is expected of this integration. In terms of functionality - are phones and extensions to be registered on our system for example? Do we forward inbound calls to both our extensions AND to OCS extensions? Do OCS extensions register with our PBX or only a single trunk?

Apart from tech issues, it would be great to understand how the integration should work high level, i.e incoming calls, outgoing calls where they should be routed and how, how numbers are forwarded to use and so on.

In regards to + sign - yes we have e164 number processing in the general section for just this task

Please feel free to mail me on ng at 3cx.com to discuss this further by email or maybe by phone on the requirements....

16. ketilgri

Forward to an external number. Using 3cx as the gateway to the provider.

I have tried to add + as a prepend on the outbound rules from 3cx to OCS. I get an error telling me what the valid prepend signs are, and + is not one of them.

ketil

17. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Yes, it is possible using 3CX outbound rules.

You're right, but this is only limitation of web interface. We can easily remove that check. But I suppose we better come up with complete solution.

18. ketilgri

A complete solution will have to include appending the + sign when routing the calls to the OCS. Otherwise this just cannot work. This is basically what the Audiocodes and Dialogic gateways do when routing calls to OCS, in addition to converting from ISDN or analogue of course.

ketil

19. majicnz

How do you become a 3CX partner / re-seller also when do you hink there will be full intergration with OCS/EXCH07. We are a Micrsoft Solutions Partner in New Zealand and are looking at a Software Based PBX solution to intergrate OCS and Exchange 2007.

Cheers

Joel

20. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

Information on becoming a partner is here:
    http://www.3cx.com/partners/index.html

There is no set or expected date yet for OCS integration, however Exchange 07 integration is available to do in the commercial editions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.