• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Odbc **[NOT FIXED?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

technicsoft

Reaction score
Sorry for the cross post in the partner forum but i didn't get any answer there.

Hello,

We have upgraded our 3CX to V15 (same with SP1 now). As i was looking through the settings i've discovered that my ODBC query string was empty.
I've tried to copy/paste it again but it seems that the total character length is shorter than before and i cannot use the whole query ... is this deliberate ?!

Thank you

Fabien

Re: Odbc

Hi there,

Can you please specify how long your query string is?

Hi Yiannish,

The query string is 656 characters long.

Thank you,

Fabien

Indeed there is a limitation for the query string of 500 characters.

You may see if this database type allows to create stored procedures/functions so that you will put the long query in one of these and call the function from the 3cx query.

Thank you for your answer.
Why did you put a limitation that didn't exist previously ?
We are unable to create anything in this database...
Thank you.

Hi technicsoft,

As a workaround
Go to Management Console -> Settings Parameter
and Search for Variable "CDM_SQL_QUERY" and double click on it.
In Value field enter your query string.
Let us know if that work for you.

Oh now this is interesting.
My query is still showing there but shows an empy field in the ODBC settings.

I guess it is working ?

Thank you very much for your help Andrea ! :)

Re: Odbc **[FIXED]

Hi again,

The query doesn't seems to be working. It is still working if i'm using your test tool but it looks like that our most recent contacts are not created at all. I'm wondering if it is still truncated to 500 chars even if it is showing correctly in "CDM_SQL_QUERY"
I remember a time when we used to have a log for this and that it was removed for V14 i think ? Is it still missing ?

Thank you

We have reduced the database query under 500 char. It is working under your test tool.
But it looks like that the contacts are not created anymore.
Please, could you tell me if there is a log somewhere ? I need to understand why something that has worked for MANY months is not working since i've upgraded to V15.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.