Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Odd behaviour after power failure

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Resolve, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resolve

We've had a site running for a few weeks without problem,

Patton 4114, Snom M3 (five of them) and Snom 320 (3 of them).

We had a power failure last night that was more than the UPS could handle and now nothing will re-register.

We're getting lots of these type of messages:-

"Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 192.168.1.7 tid=614a57da0 cseq=REGISTER contact=10001@192.168.1.3:5062 / 1377377717 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings "

We've just deleted the 4114 and re-entered it and it has now registered - I can't see this being normal. Does anyone have any similar experience of this problem ?

Tim

Edit - I also had an extension coonected via voip client - this too needed to be deleted and re-entered. Something is broken somewhere with this install ... :?: :?: :?:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LukePBX

Hi
    in my installation was sufficient to edit the extension and then re-save with OK button without any change.

When re-saved the phone was able to connect.

It's a bug but edit and save is easy then delete and define again the extesion.

3. Resolve

Just had another instance of this at the same client site. It may well be some kind of environmental problem - so before I raise this with support I wondered if anyone had similar before and had found a cause ?

We have -

3cx (Commercial) v5.1.4510.0 ((support files captured)

3 x Snom 320
    5 x Snom M3
    1 x Voipclient in headset mode
    Patton 4114
    Vigor 2820 dual wan router
    Zyxel 2124 managed port 24 port switch
    All external calls are made via the patton. There is no external VOIP connection as yet.

Synopsis - Problem occurs after "incident" - usually, but not always, overnight. In all cases the 3cx server (dedicated XP Pro machine) has for some reason restarted. The reasons are nearly always traceable and include reboot after patch or power failure longer than the UPS can cope with.

The phones/softphone and patton are showing as unregistered - and no amount of restarting services, machine or hardware rectifies this problem.

To get the patton functioning again - we delete it from 3cx and re-add it.

To get each and every extension working again, we modify the password to a deliberately false value, save it, change it back and force the phone to re-register.
    This works in all cases.

I believe the problem is not phone specific as the same problem manifests itself with all installed phones, gateway and softphone.

Any thoughts from anyone ?

Tim

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bcampbell74

Hi Tim,

I have just encountered this issue also. Restarting the 3CX Phone System service resolved this for me. However this is not an ideal long term solution so I took a backup of the db, uninstalled / reinstalled 3CX and did some test boots to make sure the 3CX Phone System was starting correctly, then once satisfied restored the db.

I notice now that I get green against all extensions and devices on reboot however two reboots in quick succession can still result in registration errors.

Let me know if this resolves this for you.

5. Resolve

Will do - thanks for the tip. Bit pesky that this happens - we've got a number of installs out there, but this is the only one with the issue. Really wish I could get to the bottom of this - reboot/reinstall always seems like a fudge (although with 3cx it often seems to solve the issue!)

Tim

6. Jonathan

Has this been confirmed as a bug with 3CX :?:

A reboot of our 3cx server after a windows update causes all extensions and VoIP line to report unregistered.

We have to manually register the VoIP line and re-enter the authentication password for each extension. Only by a call being made by the extension registers it again.

"Authentication failed:Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings "

3CX Phone System Version5.1.4510.0
    Windows XP SP3 + all security updates

Grandstream GXP2000 - Firmware is per 3CX specifications.
    Aastra 57i - Firmware is per 3CX specifications.

7. Resolve

Jonathan,

It's been quiet for a month with no recurrence until today - and the 3cx host PC also seemed to be in an unresponsive state too though this is sometimes hard to quantify as we're accessing it remotely by an ADSL line. We've now upgraded to version 6 so we'll see how that goes.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.