Odd issue with outbound rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xeroendo, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeroendo

I'm having an odd issue with outbound rules.
    At first it was that there were some numbers we'd call and they would just get a busy signal instantly.
    Our VoIP provider confirmed that they were able to call those numbers correctly, and that they weren't getting any attempt on their end from us when we tried to call the same numbers.
    I thought it might be an outbound rule issue, specifically the "Routes" part of the rules.
    I had set up just Route1 to have our VoIP provider on there, and Route2-5 had BLOCK on it.
    I changed all BLOCK entries to our VoIP provider and now the calls went through.
    The issue, however, is that now instead of having a busy signal, the phone just rings with no answer.
    The physical phone on the other end does not ring though, only me making an outbound call has a nonstop ring.
    I let it ring for a few minutes, it would just go on forever if I let it.
    Here are the outbound rules I have set up now: upload_2018-1-8_11-47-21.png
    Any help would be appreciated!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Place a call that "just rings", then check the 3CX Activity Log. That will show where the call went, and if it went to your provider, exactly what digits were sent, and if there was any sort or error message.

3. xeroendo

There aren't any errors that I can see.
    The only thing I can see that is a little off is this:
    Dev:sip:208XXXXXXX%40208XXXXXXX.SILVERSTAR.COM@silverstar.com:5060

Where I think it should just be 208XXXXXXX@208XXXXXXX.SILVERSTAR.COM:5060

I'm not 100% sure where I can change this though.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

%40 = @ in HEX

You would have to compare a working call, the line showing what is sent to your provider, and their response, and compare with a call that doesn't complete. If both logs show the numbers successfully passed to your provider, then you'd need to take it up with them.

5. xeroendo

Oh yes I get that the %40 is @ in HEX but instead of just sending that part, it sends another @ afterwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.