Odd problem with an external ATA.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ralph, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning,

An odd problem cropped up this morning with an external ATA (Grandstream Handytone 486) we have at a satelite office. The device is connected to the server via a VPN. I have connectivity both ways from the server to the ATA and from the ATA to the server.

The device has been working fine for a week or so.

The extension for the device is set up to transfer to a digital receptionist if the phone is not answered.

This morning the extension would not transfer to the digital receptionist and instead would go to the extensions voice mail. I disabled voice mail for the extenstion, and restarted the server and ATA a number of times but the extension would still transfer to the extensions voice mail when unanswered instead of going to the digital receptionist (even though voice mail for the extension was disable).

I finally deleted the extension completely and created a new extension using a different number.

Now the ATA will not register to the new extension after changing its settings to register with the new extension. I even recreated the old extension and it won't register with it either. I have changed the registration expiration to 1 minute in an attempt to force it to register.

When I monitor the network traffice to the 3CX server I can see the ATA requesting registration but the server never answers the request.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Everything else seems to be working fine with the server and the other phones. Nothing has changed on the server lately (patches etc.).

Thanks again

2. Ralph

Ralph Member

This has really got me stumped

This has really got me stumped.

I have restarted the ATA and 3CX a variety of times.
    Tried deleting and creating new extensions.
    Checking and unchecking "Extension is external" and "bind to media server".....

I just can't seem to get the ATA (Grandstream Handytone 496 btw) to register with the 3cx server. It appears that there may be a problem with 3CX itself. In looking at the network traffic, the ATA sends the request to register which arrives at the server, but the 3CX server never responds. It is almost like it is ignoring the ATA completely. All the other phones register and work just fine.

The following is a capture of the registration request packet:

%0:EcREGISTER sip:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx9 SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;branch=z9hG4bK567fffffeba50000
    From: "After Hours Support" <sip:304@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx9>;tag=99c70000fdb40000
    To: <sip:304@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx9>
    Call-ID: 169fffffb3c30000@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    CSeq: 100 REGISTER
    Expires: 60
    User-Agent: Grandstream HT496 1.0.3.44
    Proxy-Require: <tr
    Max-Forwards: 70
    Allow: INVITE,ACK,CANCEL,BYE,NOTIFY,REFER,OPTIONS,INFO,SUBSCRIBE
    Content-Length: 0

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? As I said earlier it was working fine until this morning :?

3. Ralph

Ralph Member

Problem Fixed

Problem fixed