Odd problem with the external number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bero, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bero

Hi!

I am delivering an 3CX phone system for a client of me, and i got my authID and password from my voip provider (Phonect).
    I also got a series of numbers transfered to the same voip provider, and when i am setting the external number in account details wich is 76110520, it wont actually show up on a recievers display as the external number, it shows my authID.
    I've also set this number as the outbound caller ID for the extension.

When im using Version 7 off 3CX phone system, this works perfectly, but both my client and my company, since we upgraded to version 8 we were not able to change the outbound caller ID. But previously on the version 7, we could..

Is this any kown problem with version 8? - my exact version number is: 8.0.9941.549

Hope there is someone out there with an similar problem, and a solution :)

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

A quick search of the forums would have found this same thing asked numerous times and answered with this:
    http://www.voipstore.com/how-to-set-3cx-caller-id/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bero

Hi!

Thanks for your reply, it didnt help me out - but with some research i figured out i had to change the "From: User part" field, I could either change this to CallerNum, but in my case all the numbers going out from the voip provider will have just one phone number, so i set the custom value to the outbound ID.

Thanks anyways, i hope this tread will help someone else out! :D

- Bero KF Data AS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.