Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Odd problem with the external number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bero, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bero

Hi!

I am delivering an 3CX phone system for a client of me, and i got my authID and password from my voip provider (Phonect).
    I also got a series of numbers transfered to the same voip provider, and when i am setting the external number in account details wich is 76110520, it wont actually show up on a recievers display as the external number, it shows my authID.
    I've also set this number as the outbound caller ID for the extension.

When im using Version 7 off 3CX phone system, this works perfectly, but both my client and my company, since we upgraded to version 8 we were not able to change the outbound caller ID. But previously on the version 7, we could..

Is this any kown problem with version 8? - my exact version number is: 8.0.9941.549

Hope there is someone out there with an similar problem, and a solution :)

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

A quick search of the forums would have found this same thing asked numerous times and answered with this:
    http://www.voipstore.com/how-to-set-3cx-caller-id/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bero

Hi!

Thanks for your reply, it didnt help me out - but with some research i figured out i had to change the "From: User part" field, I could either change this to CallerNum, but in my case all the numbers going out from the voip provider will have just one phone number, so i set the custom value to the outbound ID.

Thanks anyways, i hope this tread will help someone else out! :D

- Bero KF Data AS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.