Odd Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Reedl, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reedl

Hello,

Hopefully I'm able to explain this situation correctly to find a viable solution.

At the moment, we have 5 different 1800 numbers that are taken care of by our staff. The issue we're running into is when one of our staff dials out from with 3CX phone, it shows one 1800 number and you can't select which number you want to dial out as. So, we'll have customers or clients calling us back but for a different company. Is it possible to associate the line 1, line 2, line 3, line 4, line 5 with a 1800 number, so when you select Line 2, you're dialing out a certain 1800 number.

Hope the above makes sense and if someone knows of a solution that would be great.

Thanks

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Where do you have these LINES? Are you using PSTN or VoIP?
    If VOIP - Do you have 5 different accounts or 1 account?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Reedl

We're using VoIP, 1 account.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So you do not have any lines.
    Most VoIP providers allow you to send a different CID.
    You would likely need multiple accounts/extensions on each phone for the different outbound CID. Each extension can have an outbound CID. Then set the Trunk Outbound CId to the extension or originator.

Many have asked 3cx to allow a different CID based on the outbound rule used. Then you could do like 11 then your number or 22 and your number and it would use a different CID.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jasit

jasit New Member

If you create multiple extensions for each phone, and have the extensions associtated with different line buttons. then in 3cx setup up the caller id for each of the extensions as your different 1800 numbers. Should work.

6. Reedl

Hello, that's exactly what I want to do. How do I go about associating those new extensions with different line buttons? I am using the 3cx softphone.

7. 12494

12494 Member

If your are using the softphone you can't do it with one extension. You could create several extensions for an agent and each extension could present a different CID. The agent would have to go into the settings of the softphone and change extension, it would be more correctly called 'change account' to be selecting the different extension with the desired CID.

Allen

8. Reedl

Odd, I was told by our provider it was possible with a softphone. I'll look into it, thanks.

9. 12494

12494 Member

You could do it with the softphone, but I can't see how you could do it with just one 'account'. I believe you would have to do it, like I described, with multiple accounts.

Allen

10. Reedl

Aw, I see. So I need to make multiple accounts on my phone but the part I can't wrap my head around is actually assigning those accounts to the line keys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.