• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Odd Voicemail not configured problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfletcher2

Reaction score
So we have a customer with a 3CX system that is having an odd issue. Currently, when users call in on their primary number it goes through these steps...

Ring group A - User 1 - Forward to ring group B if no answer within 7 seconds
Ring group B - User 1, User 2, User 3 - Forward to ring group C if no answer within 17 seconds
Ring group C - User 1, User 2, User 3, User 4, User 5, User 6 - If no answer in 20 seconds, send to an general mailbox extension that forwards a voicemail to the users email

It was reported to us that when people called in they are getting the message "I'm sorry, this mailbox has not yet been setup by this subscriber..." The problem is that we can call the general voicemail and it works fine. If I set Ring group A to go directly to voicemail if no answer, it works. If we step that up and have it go to voicemail after Ring Group B, it fails.

So for example, this works...

Ring group A - User 1- Send to an general mailbox extension that forwards a voicemail to the users email

But this does not...

Ring group A - User 1 - Forward to ring group B if no answer within 7 seconds
Ring group B - User 1 - If no answer in 20 seconds, send to an general mailbox extension that forwards a voicemail to the users email

My first thought was that maybe the voicemail timeout for user 1 was shorter than the timeouts combined for the ring groups so we increased the timeout for User 1 to 75 seconds and this did not fix it.

Thoughts?

Have you tried

1. Deleting the general mailbox voicemail, and setting it up again
2. Change the setting for ring group C to another voicemail box to see if this works.

Did you look at the 3CX Activity Log to see exactly which extension's mailbox it fails at?

Did you look at the 3CX Activity Log to see exactly which extension's mailbox it fails at?

I did but it is not immediately clear which extension it is. I am also not super fluent yet with the structure of the call. The odd part is, I can strip the extensions down to a single extension in ring group a and b and it still occurs, regardless of which extension it is. I will keep digging and see if I can better understand the logs. Thank you.

Have you tried

1. Deleting the general mailbox voicemail, and setting it up again
2. Change the setting for ring group C to another voicemail box to see if this works.

I will try recreating and do a bit of testing. The odd thing is that it does not seem to be ringing for 20 seconds when it hits group C as it is set to.

Post the Activity Log if you are unsure about interpreting it.

Post the Activity Log if you are unsure about interpreting it.

Hey leejor is there an easy way to share the log confidentially? Or is the best method just going through and removing the public info like phone numbers? I setup a new general mailbox extension and it did the same thing.

The message you are getting seems to be from a provider. can you confirm when this happens that the call is visible in the active call log? It sounds like a message from a cell/mobile phone company.
Do any of the extensions have "Ring my mobile simultaneously" turned on? and under PBX Settings "Allow forwarding to external numbers in Ring Groups and Queues"...

The message you are getting seems to be from a provider. can you confirm when this happens that the call is visible in the active call log? It sounds like a message from a cell/mobile phone company.

I agree, it is not a message I have seen before with 3CX. Yes, I can see it getting to the activity logs.

So - I just made an edit.
Do any of the extensions have "Ring my mobile simultaneously" turned on? and under PBX Settings "Allow forwarding to external numbers in Ring Groups and Queues"...

Hey leejor is there an easy way to share the log confidentially?

It could be sent as a message to one or more members, but then others would be unable to provide input. It's usually just best to remove parts of any public phone numbers or your public IP/Domin

So - I just made an edit.

None of the phones have "Ring my mobile..." set and none of them even have mobile numbers configured.

The option "Allow forwarding to external numbers in ring groups..." is checked though. Can you explain this a little before I disable? I tried researching but did not find an immediate answer. Does this limit all users from forwarding to external numbers?

As it says - ring group and queue calls will not ring external devices.
Has nothing to do with normal calls direct to extension.

I am looking over the Activity logs and I see this:

23-Mar-2018 12:24:10.520 Call to T:RingAll:8003@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060,Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060,Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060,Dev:sip:[email protected]:5488;rinstance=567a65f6ffa02fd5,Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060,Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060,Dev:sip:[email protected]:5488;rinstance=8cfe1495e70b8747,Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060] from L:188.1[Line:90001<< redactedNumber] failed, cause: Cause: 480 Temporarily Unavailable/INVITE from 127.0.0.1:5488

One thing that is odd is extension 2105. It seems to be forwarding the call to the loopback address on an odd port, but everything looks normal under the extension. Thoughts?

Edit: following up on this, it looks like under phones that that address/port combination is for the push service. Would that be a user setting the call on their phone to forward to their cell?

Also, disabling this setting did not change the behavior.

It could be sent as a message to one or more members, but then others would be unable to provide input. It's usually just best to remove parts of any public phone numbers or your public IP/Domin

I attached a section of the activity logs in a reply below that I think may be relevant. If not, I can redact the needed bits from the rest and upload the whole section of the call.

Also, disabling this setting did not change the behavior.
Didn't expect it would if not set within the extension as well.
Try disconnecting the phone that you think is the culprit.

Didn't expect it would if not set within the extension as well.
Try disconnecting the phone that you think is the culprit.

I will do some more testing. I actually removed all but a couple phones from the ring groups and it did not seem to fix it. I could even change the respective users in the ring groups and would get the same behavior. There doesn't seem to be a common extension that is causing it.

What happens calling 2005 directly?
Can we get a packet capture form the activity log?
You can send to dropbox and PM me.

What are the numbers of the Ring Groups being used?
What country are you in?

Last edited:
Reactions: leejor
What happens calling 2005 directly?
Can we get a packet capture form the activity log?
You can send to dropbox and PM me.

What are the numbers of the Ring Groups being used?
What country are you in?

Ring group 8000 - Ext 2101 and 2103 - Forward to ring group 8001 if no answer within 7 seconds
Ring group 8001 - Ext 2102, 2103, 2101 - Forward to ring group 8003 if no answer within 17 seconds
Ring group 8003 - Ext 2102, 2103, 2104, 2105, 2106, 2101 - If no answer in 20 seconds, send to an general mailbox voicemail for ext 2100

Those are the extension numbers. How do I PM through here? Maybe I am blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars001
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.