Off Hook Call Announce

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nplummer, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nplummer

I have tried searching around for this feature and it may be a phone specific feature, but I am wondering if it is possible to enable an off-hook call announce with the 3CX system. Basically, my client's existing system allows for an "auto-answer" type of scenario. Meaning, if I dial an extension from my desk the other extension automatically goes to speakerphone and I am able to speak. This isn't a feature that I am personally a huge fan of, but it is something the client has gotten used to over the years.

I am currently evaluating the software for use, but this is one of the features that could make or break the implementation for them.

Any assistance or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Nepal Plummer
    Fahillion Technologies

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This sounds like a feature that would be set specific. This Avaya set mentions it on page 16 http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100070175 As does this Mitel phone on page 19 http://www.tc.mtu.edu/voice/voiceservices/voip/5212/5212-5224userguide.pdf

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Name of the feature - "Intercom"
    It is not available in free version.
    Requires support from the phone device (Auto-Answer/Intercom should be properly configured on the phone)
    Should work with 3CX Phone, Linksys/Cisco, Polycom, Snom, Yealink, Grandstream, Aastra phones (depends on model and/or firmware)

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nplummer

Is it something that should be programmed through the phones web interface, or is it a setting within the 3CX software that would make it happen?

Nepal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.